Famous People

ssjup81

So I was frequenting another board and decided to ask this here. Have you ever met anyone famous? It could be an actor or even an Internet personality. So let's share. lol

I don't think I met very many. The first off of my head is the Miss America 2 years ago when she came to the giant I worked at.

I have a handful a semi rare autographs though, from people like Robin Williams and Reggie Fils-Aime.

I've only met one famous person and I wasn't impressed. I still like the music he sings but him as a person was just okay. His name is Matt Maher. I've decided to avoid famous people at all costs.

The last time I could remember meeting anyone famous (as in face-to-face) was more than a decade ago. He's a local Singapore actor who happened to be in a jewelry shop for reasons unknown. My mum embarrassingly told him that she's seen him in a lot of antagonistic roles. lol...

Other than that, no, I don't meet famous people very often. My parents and I did see Jack Neo and Mark Lee (another pair of local actors/filmmakers) having lunch together, again, over a decade ago. My mum also met another famous actress in a restroom when I was even younger. But that's pretty much it.

Just realized that I didn't answer. I haven't met many people. Only a few.

I'm a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan and I watch the show, collect things, etc. Doubt any here will know this person, but I met Ivy from Cowabunga Corner, which is an online webshow.

I've also met Steve Conte. He's a singer and as has done work with Sakamoto Maaya.

I've met Joshua Seth (does Tai's voice from Digimon). I was chosen to be part of his hypnotist show.

I've met and have had dinner with Tristan MacAvery. He voiced Gendo in Neon Genesis Evangeleon. He's fun. I got a photo too.

I've met Takeuchi Junko and actually had a conversation with her in Japanese. It was awesome! I played one of her songs (Gomamon's theme) and she was shocked that I knew about and had seen the Hunter x Hunter musicals she did. I was commending her on a great job and the energy she had portraying Gon (as she voiced him in the first series) onstage. She gave me her autograph. Some Naruto things. She was also surprised that I brought up HxH and Digimon Adventure/02/Frontier as opposed to Naruto like most others had.

I've met Rie Fu. For those familiar with Bleach, she did the first ending theme. I was a fan of hers, though, before I knew of Bleach. I knew the song before the anime and was a fan prior to that. I've also imported her cds when in the states. i met her in NYC and she autographed my cd and took a photo.

I'll share the photos later.

• Like 1

I have not met anyone famous, nor do I have the desire to~
With the exception of Rie Fu and Junko, the other people I met by coincidence.

• 4 months later...

Well I always check the mirror every morning, so that counts I guess.

ok put that joke aside,

I have met the goalkeepeer that plays for my national team and some quite famous band members in my country, well the second one was because I was part of the student council and we decided to invite/ask them to play in our school fest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I bumped into Notch once in a back hallway, at PAX. I looked at him, nodded, and kept walking. Same with Wil Wheaton.

I ran into Nobu Matsuhisa in LA on my way out of one of his restaurants. I blinked and kept walking.

Hrm. I ran into M.A. Larson at a convention once, again, didn't much care. Uhh... that's about it, unless you count just being in the same room with folks, in which case you can add Nobuo Uematsu, John de Lancie, and some others during convention time. I also attended a fairly small event held by Bernie Sanders some months back, which was fairly awesome.

The place I used to work as a locksmith at occasionally had the local professional athletes from the NBA/NFL/WHATEVER come in. Caused some of the other folks I worked with to go ga-ga. I never much cared.

... I have boring reactions to celebrities. I'm sorry. :'(

I ran into a rather popular greek actor the other day in the subway... He's short irl XP I didn't talk to him or anything (he's not my friend, duh) but I kept my eye on him until he got off, it was kinda fun xD

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Yes and no. I mean, if you like Formula Drift, I've met every racer who goes to Laguna in California twice, and I could easily "sneak" my way in to do it again because a school I used to go to is placed in charge of the required maintenance they had go through before hitting that race. However, if you don't consider that to be a famous sport, then no, I haven't. On the other side of things, LA isn't too far off from where I live so there's plenty of chance to if I really wanted to, be it a Youtuber, actor, director, game developer etc since so many live there theses days and there are plenty of open to the public conferences I could to go and see them. I don't really have much interest in doing it though. I have seen a few famous people before in a sense because I used to live a few miles away from where about 5 or 6 them owned a home so I would rarely see them driving by quickly in their cars, but that almost sounds desperate now that I've said it. So yeah, yes and no.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I met Will Farrell. When I was sixteen, I used to work at a self-serve yogurt shop in downtown Palm Springs (CA) and he stopped in with a buddy of his (nobody that I recognised.) I smiled nervously when I was taking his money and said (with the great intelligence of a nervous teenager,) "You're Will Farrell." The guy just rolled his eyes at me and did that impatient beckoning of the fingers one does when they want their credit card back. Took his fro-yo and his buddy and walked out the door. I was pretty embarrassed.

Other than that experience I haven't really met anyone else. My cousin met NPH on the set of Rent in LA (1997 I think.) I didn't know this until I creeped around her Facebook pictures and there's just the most nonchalant group photo in there with no caption whatsoever, NPH smiling with his arms around all her highschool girlfriends. I was of course jealous.

I'm actually going to see Skillet play next week, maybe I'll get a lucky selfie with John and the band. LOL

Edit: I also got to meet an author of a historical fiction book I read once when I was twelve, even had him sign the book. But goodness sakes if I can even remember what the book was. I'll update if I recall.

OMG skillet. *Shook*