Windows 10

Optic

• 1 month later...

5a76c03bedf42_MadobeTouko-windows10-tan.thumb.png.d6185e5e952d5878975863b57b7a5c66.pngRevisiting this topic...

I have found Windows 10 to be sturdy. No major complaints. But frankly I don't use the live tiles in my Start Menu (removed) nor do I use Cortana (disabled).

My only qualm with Windows 10 is it's still a but clunky with the scaling of UI eleents (I have it set to 200% because I have a 4k screen on this laptop). And I still have a handful of applications that haven't added proper support for it (so they look tiny on my screen).

Also the Japanese OS-tan mascot for Windows 10 is cute. xD

Go go Madobe Touko!

5a76c03356166_MadobeTouko-windows10-tan-wallpaper.thumb.png.3429dc77a95ebd3803d07d8f017b5459.png

ill Revisit this topic too

I don't use the live tiles either in my Start Menu (removed) nor do I use Cortana (disabled) also.

I also have problems I believe with the UI system and it doesn't like to play nice with the UI on/for an MMO I play since a fairly recent  win 10 update

and for some reason also (and I don't know if this is windows side or the other) but around ta similar time frame its decided to every aprox few weeks throw a wobbly and the device drivers for the Nvidia 1080 video card will fail and cause the system to reboot and will need to reinstall these drivers

more so than any other system ive had this ones had me cracking the sh*ts at it for some reason or another

• 4 years later...
46 minutes ago, Fezo_chan said:

I like Windows 7. It's so cute and minimalistic. 

I like Windows 7 as well and I still have it on my laptop.  However, near the end of 2021 my main computer suffered a major system crash and I had to replace the primary hard drive. At that point I decided to move to Windows 10, which I had resisted for a long time. I don't find Windows 10 all that different, but there are a few things that annoy me:

1. The borderless windows. In Windows 7 the program windows had clearly defined boarders which made it easy to see the boundaries of each program's window. With Windows 10's borderless design I find it all too easy to click on the wrong window when I have several open at once, which is annoying.

2. There's no clear distinction between the 'move' bar and the 'menu' bar. In Windows 7 there was a clear indication as to which part of the window to use when you want to reposition a window on the desktop. With Windows 10 I often find that I click on the top of the window and it doesn't move because there's no clear indication of which part of the top bar I should click on, which I find annoying.

3. As usual Microsoft have continued their little game of "hunt the settings dialog" where they move things into different places.

4. In Windows 7 if you are copying/moving a file to another folder and there's already a file by that name in the folder Windows 7 just added a (1) to the copied file. Windows 10 doesn't do this and won't allow you to copy a file into a folder if there is already a file by that name in the folder.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, animechat said:

Everyone switched now to Microsoft windows 10.

Not quite. I know a few people who still have Windows 7 and have no intention of changing to Windows 10.

Actually, most of them wouldn't know how to change their computer's OS and some don't even know how to use the file manager.

On 2/9/2023 at 7:16 PM, Digimon_Sommelier said:

Is there a Windows 11? *researches* Yup. And Windows 12 launches in 2024, reportedly.

I thinking about try windows 10 litle was taken down some of Windows 10 services,to  run need less 1GB ram and thinking be better some older devices that windows 7 who support ended 3 years ago.

5 hours ago, animechat said:

I thinking about try windows 10 litle was taken down some of Windows 10 services,to  run need less 1GB ram and thinking be better some older devices that windows 7 who support ended 3 years ago.

According to various sources, Windows 10 Lite will run with 1GB RAM. The full version needs 4GB RAM.

Moving away from Windows 7 is probably a good idea as it's now unsupported.  Having said that I'm leaving my laptop on Windows 7 because I learnt, the hard way, that it's not always a good idea to change the OS on a laptop.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...