Have you been motivated by anime?

Yuuki_Radosian

Have you ever been motivated to do something by an anime that you have watched?

I was motivated to give more time and energy to my music by BECK and Hajime no Ippo made me train harder in my boxing and Kuroko no Basket made me work on my drive and I have been motivated to watch more anime by pretty much every anime I have seen :P

How have you been motivated ?

Well, I've been motivated I suppose you could say, although not exactly in a productive way. Although after watching Upotte!! I did get the urge to clean all of my guns really thoroughly and I did so~

• Winner 1

Mirai Nikki motivated me to want to kill people :P *whispers to MaskedMalevolent* May I borrow your scythe for this?

Most anime just motivates me to want to watch more anime :P

Detective Conan motivated me to read "A Study in Scarlet", and that's a big deal for me because I don't like reading (which is why I only got through half of the book).

Mirai Nikki motivated me to want to kill people :P *whispers to MaskedMalevolent* May I borrow your scythe for this?

Most anime just motivates me to want to watch more anime :P

Sorry my scythe is only exclusive for my use only, nii-sama. :P

• 2 months later...

Steins;Gate has motivated me to do two things:

1) Microwave a banana

2) Episode 5 pointed out my flaw with strategy and since then, I've been working to improve it. (I'm not too far into Stein;Gates yet but I love it)

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

• 4 weeks later...

Most of my favourite anime titles have Action, Sci-Fi, Mecha or Supernatural genres so it is difficult to translate those to real-life lessons when compared to say Slice of Life.

I suppose though PSYCHO-PASS and Steins;Gate inspired me to look at problems in a pragmatic way. Investigating causes, clarifying requirements, etc.

• 1 year later...

My wife and I recently watched and finished Clannad, and found that some of the themes contained in the after story portion were fairly relevant to us. Minor spoilers may ensue, as an FYI.

Specifically, that it's important to live in the moment and to value what you have right now, because you never know when you might lose it. For the last couple years we've been focusing very heavily on future plans, which is great, but we had been doing so to the point that we were starting to no longer place emphasis on current happiness in favor of future happiness.

While it may seem a bit silly, the loss and tragedies in the after story helped to snap us out of our haze - we've since restructured our long term goals in such a way that they aren't infringing on our ability to enjoy the present. While this may mean that certain things will have to wait a little bit longer, it has had a very positive impact on us overall.

It's important to have a good idea as to where you want to go in life, but like anything else, it is perfectly possible to overdo it to the point of being counter productive.

The eventual revelations regarding the protagonist's father - specifically the fact that he had more or less sacrificed his own happiness and mental health in a desperate bid to give his son a decent start in life - also spoke heavily to my wife, who also came up in a single parent household, and had been growing a bit frustrated with some of her parent's current issues in life, by reminding her that her parent had also sacrificed a great deal for her to ensure that she would have as fair a life as possible despite the deck honestly being stacked against her.

So... yeah, that happened.

• Like 2

Have you ever been motivated to do something by an anime that you have watched?

I was motivated to give more time and energy to my music by BECK and Hajime no Ippo made me train harder in my boxing and Kuroko no Basket made me work on my drive and I have been motivated to watch more anime by pretty much every anime I have seen :P

How have you been motivated ?

I feel like a broken record saying this but I've been motivated to put more effort into my animations

• 4 months later...

YEA I get motivated by anime way to easily but I like the fact if a happy anime motivates me to be happy its a great thing but the opposite is true to... so that got dark anyway YES I do and I love it!

Oh all the time.

Flying Witch motivated me to start cooking initially, as the food I was being given was not very good for me and I wanted to start to make food for myself. Death Note and ERASED both reminded me that you should always stay alert and pay extra attention to what is going on around you. KonoSuba particularly inspired me to keep away from frogs.

So yes, absolutely. :)

• 4 months later...

I have been motivated by anime to read more. I used to hate to read or at least was not interested to much into it growing up. But now I love to read and get lost in books, I really enjoy it. R.O.D. the TV influenced me. It is a VERY good anime I think with a brilliant story.