Friends In real life

RyePotatoes

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have and love my friends in real life. Although I can be shy at times I have always been a social person.

My only problem is I have no friends to talk anime or manga with. I try my best to go to conventions and other gatherings if I hear about them but I can't find anyone local to share that big part of my life with. I use to play card games as well like Magic and I use to have to travel to do all of that stuff. xD

I'm the exact same, I need some anime/geek friends who share the same intrest.

I don't really have that many friends offline in real life,I never have done really ever since I first upped and left school for good 15 years ago now :(

I tend not to let it get me down too much though because I still enjoy the life that I have and lead now, albeit not with a massive following of friends :)

I tend not to let it get me down too much though because I still enjoy the life that I have and lead now, albeit not with a massive following of friends :)

Just like Yato sama says, you don't need a lot of friends. Find someone unique (motivational post fail no 185 :P )

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

I have and love my friends in real life. Although I can be shy at times I have always been a social person.

My only problem is I have no friends to talk anime or manga with.

Same here even though most of my friends are against anime or call it like "it's for kids". I was looking for people irl to talk with them about anime and other stuff/news.

Side-note: I have read the content of the thread and the only thing what was bothering me is that someone can't live like everyone because he don't have the same interests instead of (sexual, hobby etc..) other people. It doesn't matter if you are gay or lesbian everyone has earned a second chance or indeed any chance. These people who are threating you because you are not like them are really pathetic.(no offence to your family or anyone else but it's really unacceptable) It will follow you for your whole life that people don't accept you how you are and instead threating/bullying and hating you.

I hope you will handle this and find your own way to live, if you want speak with someone feel free to contact me and i will listen to your problems and help you as much as i can. ^^

See you later, cya.

Edited by Guest

I sadly don't have that many friends in real life at all, only ever mainly online friends who I've never met before and will more than likely not ever end up meeting either, but to me they are just as decent and genuine to know than real-life offline friends nowadays who've never bothered to find or make the time for me as it is anyway :)

Edited by Guest

• 5 months later...

I have a really hard time opening up to people in person. I get really nervous and tend to come off as harsh, without meaning to. So as far as friends go, I have few and far between. Most of my real life friends are guys I grew up with and girlfriends from high school/work. Not to mention, I recently moved away from my home town. So I really have no one to hang out with at this point.

But as far as my friends, they're tops. I always had fun going out with them or just taking. But we all don't talk as much as we use to.. Lives and distance puts a strain on it.

my IRL friends are pretty cool but they are nothing like me I'm seeing as the odd one out of all of them but I'm cool with that

• Like 1

i have 5 friends in real life who are pretty much the only people i talk to in real life as i dont really talk all that much in real life i always get told "why are u so quiet" then i talk for hours and they want me to shut up xD

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• 1 year later...

I don't have any real friends. My BFF just lies that she's my BFF but she's actually her so-called ex-BFF's BFF. But I do have a real loyal friend. But I hold a tiny grudge against her. So I dunno what's real friendship. I knew what it was when I was younger. All before I went to Malaysia. After I came back from Malaysia, life became complicated...wait. It feels like I'm talking to a psychologist lol.

Most of my friends left me, because I went to Japan for a year to study there. Now, that I returned, most of my friends don't want to talk to me or spend time with me. I believe, they have their reasons, yet it really hurts. They basically left me for following my dream. They never really supported me either, so now I am thinking... maybe it's better not to have friends, if it means that they will try to stop me from doing what I want?

I mean, I DO have SOME friends, but like 85% of my friends are not my friends anymore... it's hard to explain. I just don't feel the connection I felt before I went to Japan. But I do like spending time with my current friends and I hope they like to spend time with me as well :)

• Like 1

Most of my friends left me, because I went to Japan for a year to study there. Now, that I returned, most of my friends don't want to talk to me or spend time with me. I believe, they have their reasons, yet it really hurts. They basically left me for following my dream. They never really supported me either, so now I am thinking... maybe it's better not to have friends, if it means that they will try to stop me from doing what I want?

I mean, I DO have SOME friends, but like 85% of my friends are not my friends anymore... it's hard to explain. I just don't feel the connection I felt before I went to Japan. But I do like spending time with my current friends and I hope they like to spend time with me as well :)

I lost my friends in the same way too. I always get a hollow feeling when I think about it. But I might be wrong. I'm so confused. IDK if my BFF really lies or doesn't. I'm as confused as a newborn kitten.

• Agree 1

I have had a few people I could call, but things have happened, such as them drifting apart.

Right now, I am kind of lonely individual, because, in real life, I mostly keep to myself and only talk to a few people, but I find myself a bit happier because I can accept myself better now, even though I am struggling to make up with somebody I considered a friend once, who did a lot for me, but did not accept me at the time and I do not think they want me around.

I lost my friends in the same way too. I always get a hollow feeling when I think about it. But I might be wrong. I'm so confused. IDK if my BFF really lies or doesn't. I'm as confused as a newborn kitten.

Yeah, I know that feeling. I just don't understand, what goes on in their heads...

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

My friends in real life might share a few of the same interests, but aren't as passionate as I am about some things.

That's part of the reason I turned to this forum. I thought maybe I could find people that think alike.

I don't hate my real life friends, I just wish that we thought the same.

• Like 2

For a while my routine has been pretty redundant: wake up, work, complete online school work, sleep- rinse and repeat. Just no time or motivation for a social life. Then some friends suggested going to the gym with them and I took them on their offer. Thought it would be a chore at first but it's something I was actually glad to add to my daily routine. It felt good to socialize more after so long, and I think it's something that's needed to fill that void within.

• Like 1