How do you prefer your Anime Titles?

Yuuki_Radosian

Do you prefer calling anime by their English or Japanese names or do you like to mix it up ?

Personally I prefer to call anime by their Japanese names but I do sometimes use English when the Japanese names are more annoying to say in Japanese than in English (I hate doing this though).

I think the Japanese Titles are often better sounding and sometimes the English translations are a little off.

I typically use whatever name I can pronounce :P Like instead of Mirai Nikki, I say Future Diary. For other anime, such as Nagi no Asukara, I use the Japanese name.

I prefer using the Japanese names tho sometimes when A friend would say "Hey what's up? What ar you watching?" I would answer by saying the English term of the anime. Because her face would always seem to go like "Whaaaat?" if I would answer by the Japanese title of the anime.

I usually use the japanese names, but will sometimes use the english name if it is far more used than the japanese counterpart. A great example of this is Attack on Titan.

I do this too, for the most part. But I sometimes lean towards the English names.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It depends on which of them is more well-known. Since I don't know Japanese myself, I have no attachment to the language, thus I'm more comfortable with using the English versions more often than not. Writing "Jigoku Shoujo" is a lot more troublesome than writing "Hell Girl" anyway, so there's also the convenience factor to consider about. I dislike inconvenience and see no purpose for inconvenient idealism when more practical things are about.

That said, there is no way I'm using "My Romantic SNAFU", because that just sounds stupid and is an insult to the anime and the culture.

• 2 months later...
Do you prefer calling anime by their English or Japanese names or do you like to mix it up ?

Personally I prefer to call anime by their Japanese names but I do sometimes use English when the Japanese names are more annoying to say in Japanese than in English (I hate doing this though).

I think the Japanese Titles are often better sounding and sometimes the English translations are a little off.

Japanese name but in hirigana and romaji in brackets so like this ことみ くん ! (kotomi -kun):angel:

• Geano locked this topic