Taylor Swift

NightDancer

Since there are quite a lot of fans here of Taylor Swift on the forum, I decided to dedicate a thread to her! Her new album is coming up and I am really excited. So far I really like the songs I've heard but I am afraid that her album "Speak Now" will stay my favourite. That album had everything and it's hard to choose a favourite song from that album because I can't decide between "Better Than Revenge" and "Haunted" which the intro really reminded me of Within Temptation.

Anyways so Taylor Swift!

Everyone knows that Taylor Swift is my favourite singer and she is the only singer who I ever believed to be better than my other favourite singer, Delta.

I am also looking forward to the new album and I will definitely be reviewing it for the site. At the moment the songs that have been released so far have been good. I think this album is going to be very diverse and it is going to have many fans debating whether or not Taylor is a country artist still. We have Begin Again which highlights her more country-side (and one of the few positive songs we have heard so far about love being able to start again after a terrible breakup), Red which is a powerful song about the emotions of a break up and how these emotions can be 'red' and we have the newest track the I Knew You Were Trouble which has dubstep in it.

Lindsay, I can understand why Speak Now will remain your favourite. I do agree it was an amazing album. I think each album Taylor releases gets better - I think her weakest album is her first one. With Speak Now, I loved Haunted, Better Than Revenge, Enchanted, Mine and Back to December.

One of the main things I like about Taylor Swift is how all of her songs are relatable for her fans.

We should have a list of Taylor Swift songs that we have all found to relate to our lives. I think it would be interesting to discuss that.

Also, which title album song do you think is the best? Out of Red, Fearless and Speak Now (meaning the songs and not the entire album). Right now it is a tie between Red and Fearless ... I didn't like Speak Now's title track too much but I think I would love it more if I related to it.

I think I love Red the most! The tune is so catchy and it gives me a whole different view of the colour red. Also a very unusual choice for a title for an album. I really cannot wait for the rest of the songs!

I can relate to quite a few songs of Taylor Swift. Do you think we should post which song and sorta kinda explain why? ^^

It's also amazing how she is such a good Live Preformer and Entertainer! I really hope she will tour again soon!

Yet I also wonder who will be her Prince Charming ;D

Her Prince Charming is Connor :P hahahaha, pay more attention to the gossip magazines! But she also apparently tried to go out to dinner with one of the singers from One Direction but she cancelled the table at the last moment and escaped London via a jet plane. True story. It sounds so odd though. This only happened a couple of days ago.

Yes, please list the songs that relate to you.

There was one Taylor Swift song that used to be on the radio all the time: You Belong With Me.

I also remember playing Band Hero on my PlayStation 3. It's a pop version of Guitar Hero (before Activision axed the series), and it had THREE TAYLOR SWIFT songs on it! I was like "Wha.... no other artist gets three songs in Guitar Hero... :-/" But all good, as it was fun to play through them. :D

They were: You Belong With Me, Love Story and Picture to Burn.

Her Prince Charming is Connor :P hahahaha, pay more attention to the gossip magazines! But she also apparently tried to go out to dinner with one of the singers from One Direction but she cancelled the table at the last moment and escaped London via a jet plane. True story. It sounds so odd though. This only happened a couple of days ago.

Yes, please list the songs that relate to you.

Really? They got married for real? I thought that was a lie. O.o

Might sound weird but the meaning/memories/relating to her song changes every time I actually met someone. Do you have that too? As in I can relate to it with more moments.

I think we should share this privately why haha. I don't want to post that online for everyone to see. Maybe we could write that in our letters. =)

I so love "I Knew You Were Trouble" so much!! I only still don't like Begins Again much, sorry! =(

For the rest all her songs are amazing!! Album will be great =D I actually didn't like Taylor's first album but when I heard Forever & Always, I fell in love with her music. ^^

There was one Taylor Swift song that used to be on the radio all the time: You Belong With Me.

I also remember playing Band Hero on my PlayStation 3. It's a pop version of Guitar Hero (before Activision axed the series), and it had THREE TAYLOR SWIFT songs on it! I was like "Wha.... no other artist gets three songs in Guitar Hero... :-/" But all good, as it was fun to play through them. :D

They were: You Belong With Me, Love Story and Picture to Burn.

That is so cool, Optic. I never got to play that Band Hero. Well of course Taylor gets three songs on there cause she's the best singer out there :P Also, that Swift song is still on the radio a lot. Plus she is getting a lot of coverage now with all four of her new songs being played on the radio because of them all making it in the charts.

Lindsay, no they didn't get married. Plus I suppose you got to be able to relate to Begin Again. I can :)

• 2 months later...

<span style="color:#b22222;]<span style="font-size:14px;]Re-eh-eh[/color] <span style="font-size:18px;]Re-eh-eh-eh[/color] <span style="font-size:24px;]Re-eh-eh-eh[/color] <span style="font-size:36px;]Re-eh-eh-eh~[/color][/color]

^^ The album is truly amazing. It took me a while to get use to her sudden change in style.

After a few listens it grew onto me. Red is extremely catchy and upon hearing the story behind Ronan.

It's extremely heartbreaking.

(: Through this album is truly amazing I still really love Speak Now. ^^ haha

Don't say yes run away now~! ^^ haahh!