{Procrastination}

Hime

In one of my pre-college studies; there was an orientation about time management and procrastination. Procrastination is something that affects every living being in more forms than one. For people attending schools with other commitments, is where we see procrastination at it's finest. I'm very guilty of taking forver and becoming distracted on not finishing something I have no interest in or feel stuck in. But I did find a nifty popular thing called "Pomodoro Technique"; which is using a timer to set yourself a limit of doing something; then when it goes off; one is allowed to take a break and refresh the mind. There are several techniques out there, but sometimes it is hard to commit to when you surround yourself with negativity, have no support or easily fall back to bad habits.

So does procrastination happen to you and how often? Do you do anything about it?

*crowns myself king of procrastination*

Serioulsy....I procrastinate so much it's sad.....and I'm a math major.....so that means terrible cramming.

I have to force myself not to procrastinate. Basically I seriously think about the disadvantages of procrastination and that usually motivates me into action.

• Like 1

Serioulsy....I procrastinate so much it's sad.....and I'm a math major.....so that means terrible cramming.

I have to force myself not to procrastinate. Basically I seriously think about the disadvantages of procrastination and that usually motivates me into action.

Holy fuzzballs; math major! Kudos to you! Yeah, procrastination and cramming are always the two guilty parties. I will be going for Pharmacy; so procrastination is a no no. I have been trying those techniques to try and minimize procrastination events when I am in the university. But even so...I know I will cram last minute of most things.

A good friend of mine is majoring in Pharmacy. I don't see how she does it xP

The only thing worse is a friend of mine is in Nursing school.

Procrastination will literally destroy you in those fields.

It may destroy me if I don't stomp it out.

• Like 1

Agreed, in the medical and science fields; it is never a joke to even play with the idea of procrastinating on anything. That is why we become crazy and rant a lot.

Too bad, I already had that crown :P

As for me, I'm really bad with procrastination. Really, almost nothing motivates me at all except for something that is due at the last second. I think the main problem is that I know exactly what I can get away with and choose to procrastinate.

I only procrastinate wen I am free to do so , meaning that I have spare time to waste , The way I have been raised is that when you have to do something . . . you do it and do it properly , get it done and when you're done then do as you please.

I also believe that doing things once and doing them properly is a great strategy so I try keep to it as much as possible but no one is perfect and mistakes are made so I (try) correct what needs correction and learn form my mistakes (as much as possible).

@drill

That is exactly why procrastination occurs! It is due to us knowing what we can get away with or just wing it! Usually when we first start out in a new course; we are all (or some) eager to be organized and learn. But as the first week ends; that encouragement seems to die down. After a week, you get a feel of what you can push aside or let it drag. Well that is how I look at it at least.

@Yuuki_Radosian

Very astute of you! That is the type of attitude I like to see. Get it done and not have to worry about it when the time comes. Efficiency is they key and what some of us lack.

I wanted to reply earlier, but I put it off~

Procrastination is lethal in a lot of majors/disciplines. If you don't stay on top of every single thing in a Business major, you'll be buried in a couple days and spending sleepless nights on papers, case studies, and projects. I majored in biochemistry for two years before going for a chem minor instead, and procrastinating would lead to painful results there too.

• Funny 2

I chuckled on your first line.

Business is definitely not an area you'd want to procrastinate in. It is like basically saying "Hey..this is how I will run my business. Lets put it off to next Tuesday.". Then your business is shut down and you're pegged for a sucky business person. The world is so cruel!

Oh, interesting fields you are in! As i stated when it comes to science and medical; it's like zero tolerance for any form of procrastination. Yet...still happens. Ugh.

Just started community college 2 weeks ago. Already procrastinating my homework. I've got a paper due by Monday and I've yet to start. I want to be NEET again.

Hopefully I don't end up like I did in high school, where I would procrastinate so hard that I wouldn't even attempt anything in the end.

Procrastination is practically my bedfellow. I lost count how many times I get distracted while on the Internet.

I don't really have a specific technique to deal with it, but it doesn't affect me too badly. I do enjoy just going with the flow and enjoy procrastination, moving through my life at a relaxing pace. I mean, just take your time. Life is not short; it's long. It's long and hard. So enjoy it.

Procrastination is like a drug addiction that you know is bad for you, but you do it anyway. That being said, I'm very addicted to it, and boy do I hate it. A lot of things in my life went to waste because of procrastination. It happens more frequently than I'm comfortable with, and having a deadline makes it worse for me, due to my incredible laziness. Thankfully, these days it isn't as bad. If I have a lot of things to do, then I do it all one at a time and get it all done. However, if I have to do only one thing, like the laundry, I'll most likely forget about it and not even do it at all.