Your Username And You

Hime

Archie, or ArichieKun is based off Arch-Angel in mythology. It also reflects my strong belief in atheism as well as my interest in science as a consequence. It also shows I have had a rough past like the real arch-angel, but I keep going, and continue on like the angel.

• Like 1

I went for unique.  My real name is John.  My last name is just as boring.  Google my name and you'll get about 30M hits, including a senator, a few athletes, a couple musicians... there's even 2 of me in the building at work!  (Good luck all you stalkers!)  It was either "john421387" or "efaardvark".

No relation to the jet BTW.

One of my favorite series, Hitman Reborn! has a character named Tsuna. Well, his title is Vongola Decimo and I thought Decimo sounded pretty dang cool since it was in Italian. 

That's about it. Been sticking with it ever since I watched that series back in the beginning of high school. Although I do have to create slight variations of it in most websites.

Ciao!

I do'n't know if I wrote this before, but either way I'l say it again.

My username came from the greatest god/goddess of all time, Anime. Join the word "anime" with the word "freak" and boom, you have an awesome username. Also because I'm both an anime freak and a freak. I randomly capitalized the letters to give it a bit of an edge. It took me a long time to get used to the capital letters. I used to get a bit confused in the beginning, and wrote "AniMeFReaK" all over the place until it finally got to my head. 

Meh, nothing too deep.

A lot of people probably think my user name, which some of called Epic, must have an interesting backstory behind it, but the best part about having a name like this, where people are all like "oooh, where'd you get it" and such, is that that story doesn't exist. I quite literally was drawing the most massive of blanks on what to call myself the day I got an Xbox 360 as a birthday gift. I didn't want to use the two other names I had used online which were JakRizen and Ichigo_Uzumaki, and my nickname at the time, Mr. Pocket, requires a lot of explaining and that includes some information about IRL me that I wouldn't necessarily want to part with, so I put in the random name generator, thinking I was going to have to run through it a dozen times or more, only for this name, repentantsky to show up in the first go around. I liked it, but I thought it looked weak so I used caps for each actual word and got RepentantSky, and I've used the name on several different occasions since.  

I've used (or am still using) several usernames on the internet over the years, most are simply there to sound cool (Except one, which has a little funny story behind it) and lately I've predominately used names that involve puns in German/Austrian German and uses Austrian colloquialisms to confuse some Germans on the internet. 

My current one though, just literally means screen name (you'd translate it differently into German, I used a literal translation which you wouldn't use since no one would instantly know what you mean) And if you translate my name back into English you might also say 'canvas name' and since a 'canvas' is a often used word with GUI I thought it might be a fun name, because the name is written on a digital canvas.

Also, I like to think that a native English speaker might pronounce the 'Lein' as 'Lain' who is my profile pic. (Apart from that, it might be hard to read for an English speaker, so I don't think I'll use this name that much again...)

My original online/pen name was KaitonLocke. Kaiton I came up with because of my fascination with Japanese names and terms. Kai was the focus mainly, I liked the sound, but the meaning I found, "release" kinda struck a chord with me because I was always angry when I was younger. So release and the word "ton" to quantify the amount of things I was trying to let go. Locke was the surname of a great friend to my family, so I adopted it in creating my writer's persona. Thus the birth of KaitonLocke.

Now, as to my current username, Keilyn. Again, my fascination with the way Japanese names and terms sounded brought me to Kei. I have found myself deeply drawn to the Gaelic name Raelynne, so I wanted to find an adaptation of that to suit the new feminine identity that I have come to embrace instead of repressing.

I also think that a large part of the attraction to Raelynne stems from Reiko, as in a fandom name for Sailor Mars: Mars Reiko. I was always enamored with her and Jupiter. Their strength, passion, and the inner struggle with their pasts and the hardships they endured always reminded me of some of the things I had to live with in my youth. Anime has been a large source of comfort for me and the identity struggles I've gone through over the years; mostly things like Makoto's issues with her height and the lack of femininity seen by the males she found herself interested in. Sorry for rambling, just put a lot of thought into names. I usually spend more time finding a name for a character than the other aspects of their design.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I’m from Ohio, like anime & have a penchant for bad puns/play-on-words (my MAL account is under Ohayotaku)

Edited by Ohiotaku

• 2 months later...

My username is in honor of my pet Roborovski hamster I gotten from a pet store years ago who tragically passed away the next morning I gotten her. So sadly she only lived for one whole day with me and then passed away the next morning. Due to her passing my mother and even myself were of coarse furious with the pet shop people in selling her to us knowing she was either too young, sick or even both to even be sold to us or anyone. We did however get out money back and we never attempted to adopt any animals there again. I do have knowledge of small animals more than I did when I was younger so I can tell if an animal is in good health or not. I got her at Petco and I still have to go there to get some things for my cat once in a blue moon. I rather not support them at all by buying from them but still they do have some items which I need for my cat that I sometimes can't get online. I wont get into a discussion on my thoughts about it more but that's what happen. So Hana April will live on in my username and still even now I've never once forgotten her and still miss her dearly today. R.I.P~❤️

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

On 2/23/2019 at 8:47 AM, HanaApril said:

My username is in honor of my pet Roborovski hamster I gotten from a pet store years ago who tragically passed away the next morning I gotten her. So sadly she only lived for one whole day with me and then passed away the next morning. Due to her passing my mother and even myself were of coarse furious with the pet shop people in selling her to us knowing she was either too young, sick or even both to even be sold to us or anyone. We did however get out money back and we never attempted to adopt any animals there again. I do have knowledge of small animals more than I did when I was younger so I can tell if an animal is in good health or not. I got her at Petco and I still have to go there to get some things for my cat once in a blue moon. I rather not support them at all by buying from them but still they do have some items which I need for my cat that I sometimes can't get online. I wont get into a discussion on my thoughts about it more but that's what happen. So Hana April will live on in my username and still even now I've never once forgotten her and still miss her dearly today. R.I.P~❤️

That's very heartbreaking but also tells alot about you as a caretaker. It's good to hear stories like this every once in a while. Gotta remind myself of stories like this when I believe empathy to be dead.

My username Crevanille is the default name of the silent protagonist of the Growlanser Wayfarer of time video game. He's shaped by how you play the game. He can be the most selfless courageous man alive saving others at the cost of his own welfare. Or he can be the most dangerous menace the world has ever known. He also has multiple romance options.

I choose him because he's the only character that I find absolutely cool. No other anime or manga character has made me obsessed with their story like Crevanille. He has all these possible endings all these romances. Each one a alternate reality made within a fraction of time. Awesome red hair, awesome romances. Until Crevanille I never thought a character looked so awesome. Sailor Scouts don't count. They will always have a special place in my heart. (Sailor Scouts take precedent over every other anime for me. Even Flcl.) I relate to Naota more than look up to him. But Crevanille isn't a Goku or Naruto. He's not popular. But everything he ever did in that game was nothing short of incredible. He's simply amazing in my opinion.

Edited by Crevanille
  • Like 2

@Nono I always felt like her time on  this earth was short and I felt it was unfair that she only had one day to live. I guess I just wanted to use her name and make her name and her life live on somehow since she didn't really get to live her life at all. I want to honor her since I always thought about her after she passed away and miss her dearly still. However it makes me think about how short our lives are and we should live each day to the fullest and be very grateful we are alive right now. Also at any moment for a reason or not it can be taken away from us just like that. So appreciate your life since it's the only one you have and make the most of it.  I always wanted to use her name in some way either in a story I wanted to write or something online possibly so I deiced to use it on here.  

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

8 hours ago, HanaApril said:

@Nono I always felt like her time on  this earth was short and I felt it was unfair that she only had one day to live. I guess I just wanted to use her name and make her name and her life live on somehow since she didn't really get to live her life at all. I want to honor her since I always thought about her after she passed away and miss her dearly still. However it makes me think about how short our lives are and we should live each day to the fullest and be very grateful we are alive right now. Also at any moment for a reason or not it can be taken away from us just like that. So appreciate your life since it's the only one you have and make the most of it.  I always wanted to use her name in some way either in a story I wanted to write or something online possibly so I deiced to use it on here.  

Wow, very nice you are.

• 3 weeks later...

I just blended some real names together and when I found Humbby... It was love at first sight!

But some people call me humble humbby or humbly humbby

The best thing is, is that nobody else has that name making it original and i like that a lot :P

Edited by Humbby

• 4 weeks later...

Banri comes from the series, Golden Time

I thought it might be best to include the reason inside a spoiler tag below

Spoiler

When I watched the anime, half way through I was so sure how the anime was going to end, but to my surprise it didn't end how I thought it was going to, and because of that it made more of an impact on me at an emotional level

Sofi is just a name I like. I usually go by Ayame or Serey. Serey is just short for my real name which is Serenity so that's where that came from. 

The username Sofi wasn't really special or anything I guess ;/ I just thought it was pretty mostly.

• Friendly 1

• 3 years later...

The story for this name isn't interesting tbh. So online I used to go by AsunaLikesAnime bc I REALLY loved SAO back then. After a while a bunch of people kept telling me I can't go by Asuna bc I'm not Japanese and it was offensive to use the name, so I decided to find a different name. Kaiya just really stood out to me and I thought it sounded really nice. I always say 'hai' so I randomly thought of KaiyaSaysHaiya.

I also used to use creeperguy454 and creepergirl454 but after a while I just started to cringe at that and some people thought I meant a stalker creeper instead of Minecraft creeper. Makes sense tho bc I was playing Among Us x D

Edited by KaiyaSaysHaiya
  • Funny 1

Mine's kinda lame. Back in the early 2000s, we had an old HP Pavilion desktop PC that came with Windows ME installed. That frickin' piece of crap OS would get viruses just about all the time from just about anything. Failing viruses, it would suddenly undergo the "blue screen of death" frequently. So one day, I found and joined an anime forum, and I thought up of that UN while wondering if I'd be able to complete my registration without the PC going bonkers. Just changed the last two letters, one 'x' for the viruses and one for the blue screen issue. Eventually I began pronouncing it "vai-rucks" too. Thankfully, we upgraded the PC to Win XP soon after and those issues were mostly resolved, but the name kinda grew on me, so I decided to keep it.

Like I said, it's lame. 😅