Your Username And You

Hime

• 1 month later...

I'm pessimistic

I'm pretty snobbish when it comes to anime.

and because of that nobody likes me.

hence, ThatCynicalSnob.

I actually mostly just stole it from "ThatAnimeSnob".

Just replaced anime with cynical, because ThatPessimisticSnob doesn't sound as good.

Some very interesting stories that have been posted here!

My username was from OpticPro, the model of my very first scanner back in the Windows 95/98 days. Sadly I can't remember the make of it. I remember you had to use a parallel port to connect it though, way before the days of USB. :P

At the time I appended numbers at the end of OpticPro, and had variations with underscores and numbers. Nowadays I just settle with Optic. If it's already taken then I will usually append a number at the end.

Why did I choose it? Well I felt it sounded futuristic at the time. :D

• 5 months later...

Nothing too deep about mine. It's what my friends and some family calls me IRL. My name is Kirsten. So I go by Kirry a lot. I only recently started using it as my username. I just reached a point where I was like "screw it." xD

Some of my other usernames on other platforms included but weren't limited to:

Kiara0550, Sui.Ka, LustyPuppy, KirryDexter, SweetKirry, Poingdestre.

xD

This username is just a modification of my second ever username (and the one I went by, and continue to go by, everywhere). There's a couple different modifications around, but they all stem from one username.

Buuuut, I don't feel like sharing it :P

Well hahaha my username has a bit of a backstory to it basically when I was a lot younger and I was on different forums I went by the name of Legocrazy505 or ghost101 in some cases but mostly Legocrazy505 and I had that name for quite a long time but then my brother made a steam account and took my username since he wouldn't use his old one and about that time Megamind had come out so he told me to use Metroman as in the hero guy from it and I was going to use Metroman007 but it was taken everywhere because 007 (James Bond) so I went for 008 instead, and that's the story of my username but I don't really like it all that much anymore so I go by Metro.

well this name came from my favourite character in adventure time and i liked his name cus it sounded like flamboyant so i end up sometimes just adding stuff on the end of flambo like one of my skypes has flamborino on it

but usually online i go by polarbearrr in most games or kyawaii

polarbearrr cus its my favourite animal and i have a polarbear hoodie i like wearing

and Kyawaii is a mixture of kawaii and kya cus i used to really like catboys

i also usually do puns in names like on a video game i would take my favourite character name and use it like a homophone in a sentence

• 4 weeks later...

BlueProzak is the username I originally used for my gamertag on Xbox. I knew I wanted to do something with Prozak for three reasons.

1. My name is Zach, and I am a pro.

2. Prozac is an antidepressant. I already consider drugs that alter your emotions intriguing, but antidepressants make people happy, and I'd like to think I take on a similar role.

3. "Prozzak" was the name of a band that I liked during my childhood.

4. Blue, because it's a dope colour, and can refer to being sad. (See what I did there? Sad happy drug? Blue Prozak?)

• 4 weeks later...

My username doesn't really have any in-depth meaning to it, I love Sword art online so that's where SAO came from; The LILDOOP is my name on MH2016 as well as this site, I like the word Lil' way more than little, so I used that and Doop is a fictional marvel character who I love because he is so cute, lol.

Here are some pics of doop

th?&id=OIP.Mf48fb426134720a98a67dbb27de64035H0&w=165&h=203&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0th?&id=OIP.Mdb42b3757ce55771a901bc798e7b04a3H0&w=259&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0th?&id=OIP.M71b44dd6a1809d765f662b1a9e7a1aacH0&w=165&h=175&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

• 8 months later...

*revives after a sudden prompt by @Cy~ 's unbelievably deep and detailed backstory to her name*

---

TL;DR:

Nectar

Originally Nectar Bluegrass

Derived from Nectar Entertainment presents: An Evening of Bluegrass

I don't think I've existed on the Internet for nearly long enough to have built a deep and fancy username, nor have to spend the time to think and develop one. My name slowly developed offline, instead.

My full username is, and has been for a while, Nectar Bluegrass.

It has since been shortened to Nectar, but the name itself is derived from "Nectar Entertainment presents an evening of Bluegrass"

It stems from a project I run a couple of years ago at my dad's work, where I did work experience for a while. The project was called "Nectar Entertainment". You see, when I was working there, I had to film hours and hours of golf footage, like you would see on TV, single-handedly, and then play it back to the members of the golf club the same evening. It was a lot more complicated than that in reality, but the semantics are not important.

Every time we had an event at the club, I would use a little logo, the one pictured below, to sort of stamp the product on all the services I provided. It was like a little business.

GfKIxxU7Rd_iCAhvxETL2w.png.8abc0331071178e19603a6bdbd5d81bc.png

One time, we had a band come in to play Bluegrass music to the folks at the club one evening. I had to send an email out to all the people subscribed to the club newsletter, which I meant to give the digestable subject line of Nectar: Bluegrass. Observe the colon. See it? Well in the email, it wasn't actually there, since the colon key was a little dodgy on the keyboard and didn't always work. The email's subject line ended up being Nectar Bluegrass.

A day later, I joined my first forum. I didn't have a good username at that point, all my previous ones were a bit... immemorable.

Just when I was pondering what to call myself, my email client struck me with a ton of replies to the original email with RSVPs, and my screen was filled with notifications. "Nectar Bluegrass" was sprawled all over my screen.

I chose that name, and I've stuck with it since. Sort of anyway, I've shortened it to Nectar recently. People tend to find shorter names easier to digest, apparently.

• Like 1

I'd like to say my name has a super interesting background based on something I did or something that happened to me, but basically, when I got my first Xbox360, I absolutely couldn't think of a name for myself and this one came up when I did a random name generator. That said, the name had various letters as caps so I straightened out so only the R and S so it would look smoother. I've also used the name on several different platforms like other gaming systems, forums and even my fanpage and twitter.

I used to utilizes names of fictional characters that I like, whether they be from detective, mystery, and crime fiction works, or anime.

I have went by:

gotenks05

shinichi (on at least one board)

and a few other variations.

However, my current user name is pretty close to my name, and since my name is fairly common, I can essentially hide myself in a forest of the thousands that have my name.

Eh, the backstory of my name isn't really ... Well, anything.

I don't use my real name or info anywhere online due to my over the top anxiety that kicks in and I get paranoid if someone finds out said things, I'm also majorly uncreative when it comes to making usernames so I end up with something dumb that I regret ... (This happens every time I join a new site)

So, I just picked a name I liked (I actually really like the name Samantha/Sam although I'm unsure why) and added "It's" to it because I mean ... Creativity.

• Like 1

I chose this username because my favorite musician is Imogen Heap and I love how "Imogen" as a word looks and sounds. I go by a lot of usernames though - Moonstone (my favorite gemstone), Soda Fox (because it's fun and I really like foxes), Tyche/Tycke (Tyche is the goddess of luck/chance. I think I'm very lucky so while not religious I sort of consider her my deity), and Furie(_the_Mighty) (the nick name of a wizard in a book I love called Imajica mixed with Birdie the Mighty. I sometimes will pretend to be a boy. This is the first time I've come to a forum and not played a boy from the get go.)

I've already explained why I chose this name on the first page, but damn, the more I look at it, the weirder it looks. "Orius". How do you even pronounce that? Ugh.

If only you could buy a username-change in the AF Shop. :P

Edited by Guest

My username doesn't have any fancy or interesting backstory. It's part of my real name which my dad sometimes uses to mock me.

• Like 1

as I have stated in the odd post ~ I'm well older

and when I was an apprentice I received the nick name shadow as when ever the doss tried to find me he couldn't so he gave me that name

when I got on the net and was prompted for a name I used it then I had a hiatus for a well good while and upon returning found that the account I was using the name on had been deleted and the name reused and not just only there nut other places and seemed so popular people were putting numbers behind it

so I changed completely with out changing much

but spelt it backwards keeping my original and its still seeming unique

At the time I came up with my name, I was really into two series in particular...kind of. Okay, I just couldn't think of anything. lol

SSJ = Super Saiya-jin (DBZ)

Jupiter = Sailor Jupiter (DBZ)

81 = year of birth

• 3 months later...

I chose my username because its in honor of my buddy, and best friend named Leo. He was a dog that was given to me when I was diagnosed with mental health issues when I was younger and my mother wanted me to have a companion and can comfort me when I needed someone since I didn't really have a lot of friends back then. I miss him dearly and he's given me the best 13 years of my life. He was truly a wonderful dog. As for the other parts of the username "ulf" represents wolf since I'm into them and always liked them growing up as my favorite animal. Now lastly sleepy represents myself since I suffer from insomnia so I guess means I'm always sleepy. That's the story behind my username.

• Like 1

I chose my username, AniMeFReaK, because I'm an anime freak and a total freak. I added the capital letters to give it some edge. My brother did the capitalization, actually. I had a hard time trying to get used to these capitals lol.:):):)

• 5 months later...

I chose my username because It reminds me of myself now as a person. Plus Athena is the Greek Goddess of War and a few other things as well that relate to me as a person  and personalty wise a bit as well. No I do not like war but it  has meaning to me that symbolizes me fighting against all the bad stuff or negative things in my life I endured.   

• Creative 1

• 6 months later...

Well, it's not that interesting. Rye is accidentally the first three letters of my real name so a lot of people call me Rye and I got the potato from my brother who usually calls me a potato due to the fact that he thinks I'm round like a potato. 😂 Or deformed. I like Fries so it gives justification in a way. 😛 Plus Rye and Potato just sounds good together. Well in my case. It's just a matter of getting used to it. 😅