Your Username And You

Hime

In a social media and multiplayer platforms, we all have something in common; which are usernames. Sometimes we choose our username's out of jokes and fun, but some really put to thought about the meaning behind their username.

For myself; lately I have been going by, Hime. It is really Strawberry Hime! But I prefer short names lol. I really love strawberries and it's color. Also it's sweetness and so delicious dipped in chocolate. Hime, sounds very pretty and means princess. Now why not go for goddess or queen? Princess is very sweet and growing in potential. The smoothness and sweetness from my username represents the girly side of me; which I don't show often.

Why did you choose your username?

• Like 3

I see tears as a sort of elegant and intriguing thing; people can cry for massive number of different reasons to express different emotions. But whether it's because of joy or sorrow, the tears you shed to express these emotions are the same. Likewise sanguine means blood, but it also can mean hopeful. Put the words together and you end up with something that could refer to crying because of happiness and hope, or crying bloody tears of despair. Felt fitting for me because I tend to be dramatic, plus I'm also bipolar and before I had it controlled I had been told often I seemed like an entirely different person when I changed between manic/depressed.

• Like 4

I chose Yuuki because Yuuki means courage and Yuki (which sounds similar) means snow.

Radose the name of a nation in an old anime/ cartoon (it was so long ago I don't even remember the show) , I used to go by just Radosian which has for me become a word meaning outsider or outcast ( it has no real meaning and as such is an outcast in it's own right).

The way that my Username is written means Brave Radosian or Brave Outcast , but it could also be Yuki no Radosian meaning Outcast of the Snow.

• Like 1

Why does everyone have such deep meanings to their names? ;.; xD

Pour moi, Nuh, is basically what my name is in arabic so I usually wear this name around on the internet and with close friends while in school they call me by english name. xD and 1000's just there xD

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

Awesome, reading everyone's reasons and meanings about their names is fun. It is interesting and it isn't uncommon for people to use their actual name in different translations or forms. Pretty cool either way, you know? Using your name, is basically yourself being represented in full.

@SanguineTear

I always wondered what Sanguine meant! I could have googled it, but...the laziness was real. I really like to double meaning behind the username; very beautiful yet tragic.

@Yuuki_Radosian

No worries, we have all been there! The outcast feeling has happened to me before; especially when I was more introverted back then. Brave portion is pretty cool; I've always seen Yuki (snow), but never Yuuki. So that is refreshing to see.

• Like 1

My username is actually an Animal Crossing reference. At one time, two of the villagers were having a pokemon battle, and one of them used a move called 'flying drilltickle'. My first username online was playing minecraft where I was drilltickle257 (which I still am btw on our minecraft server). Everyone just called me drill, so I went with that for all my future usernames.

Why does everyone have such deep meanings to their names? ;.; xD

Pour moi, Nuh, is basically what my name is in arabic so I usually wear this name around on the internet and with close friends while in school they call me by english name. xD and 1000's just there xD

*Ryuji join's Nuh in the: My Nickname Doesn't Have A Deep Meaning club!*

I was just obsessed with Toradora when I joined so I named myself Ryuji :P

• Like 1

Karen is Karen and I love Karen.

My other handle is "Baipo" which I randomly created because it sounded good and nothing came up for it when I searched in Google, other than some Thai restaurant in the UK or something like that. It is now a running gag between me and others that it stands for "Baipora" or "バイポーラ" which is just "bipolar."

• 2 weeks later...

I was like 12 when I came up with it because I thought it sounded cool, though actually I used to be called Hail Diamond, but over the years I just shorten it to hail (With a lower case h, because I think the lower case h looks better than the upper case H) and it's something I just stuck with. And people started using nicknames with my simple name, such as hailure or hailitosis.

People can be cruel can't they :?

Haha, a good friend of mine started calling me hailure, but then another person who I wasn't that well acquainted with started using hailitosis because he felt if someone could give me a nickname, he should able to as well.

• 3 months later...

Im not really that creative guy at the time when I made this username xD, its basically just the consonant letters in my real name excluding "H". 29 is just my lucky number and birthdate.

CentrionPrideus on the other hand has a meaning(my former username), well to me atleast, centrion is basically a cut from centurion which means century in latin/greek(probably..) and centrion sounds cooler than centurion. Prideus is taken from pride, so "A Century of Prideful(people)"(I dont even know if it makes sense in English) I was actually just referring to the people in my surrounding who are too prideful to the point where I dont really like it(detrimental to a lot of people and also themselves), a century might be overreacting but it was needed for the sake of "Cool Nicknames" xD. But I dont really use that username anymore as a certain user said to me that it didnt fit me xD. And later that year after I joined a certain forum with that username I found out that there is a new mmorpg game that have a character with the same name as my username xD(Centrion Prideus - Cabal Wiki) and I was surprised... really surprised..

Edited by Guest

Well, as you can see by the profile picture to the left of this post, it kind of explains itself ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). But in all seriousness, feelme is suppose to be like when someone says, "Do you get me?", like understand. I don't know. I'm totally BSing this but whatevs.

• Like 1

I see this is an old post, but a few have recently commented already so I hope it's ok. Mine is Archaeowolf, a combination of archaeology and wolf .. I study anthropology in college with a great interest in the relevant field of archaeology and I adore wolves. I think they are so beautiful!

• 3 weeks later...

There's nothing deep about mine.

I came up with mine because I consider myself to be goofy in the head. If you knew me in real life, you'd agree. Though my cousin asked me why I chose it...which I responded by asking why she was asking.

I first used it as a name for my Xbox 360 profile (that's now been deleted for the one on Xbox Live upon finding that I couldn't transfer achievement. Same name, though). I later used it for my first serious forum, and it kinda stuck since then.

Edited by Guest