Jump to content

Your Username And You


Hime
 Share

Recommended Posts

Mine's kinda lame. Back in the early 2000s, we had an old HP Pavilion desktop PC that came with Windows ME installed. That frickin' piece of crap OS would get viruses just about all the time from just about anything. Failing viruses, it would suddenly undergo the "blue screen of death" frequently. So one day, I found and joined an anime forum, and I thought up of that UN while wondering if I'd be able to complete my registration without the PC going bonkers. Just changed the last two letters, one 'x' for the viruses and one for the blue screen issue. Eventually I began pronouncing it "vai-rucks" too. Thankfully, we upgraded the PC to Win XP soon after and those issues were mostly resolved, but the name kinda grew on me, so I decided to keep it.

Like I said, it's lame. 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, viruxx said:

Mine's kinda lame. Back in the early 2000s, we had an old HP Pavilion desktop PC that came with Windows ME installed. That frickin' piece of crap OS would get viruses just about all the time from just about anything. Failing viruses, it would suddenly undergo the "blue screen of death" frequently. So one day, I found and joined an anime forum, and I thought up of that UN while wondering if I'd be able to complete my registration without the PC going bonkers. Just changed the last two letters, one 'x' for the viruses and one for the blue screen issue. Eventually I began pronouncing it "vai-rucks" too. Thankfully, we upgraded the PC to Win XP soon after and those issues were mostly resolved, but the name kinda grew on me, so I decided to keep it.

Like I said, it's lame. 😅

I suffered from having a laptop with Windows ME installed and I regularly threatened it with an upgrade to Windows 98 !  I only used it when away from home, but eventually it crashed once too often and was replaced.

I think Windows ME must be the worst OS Microsoft have ever released* Windows Vista wasn't good, but it wasn't bad as long as you didn't ask too much of it.

 

* My own opinion is that Windows ME wasn't actually released, it escaped and was never recaptured. 🙂

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I suffered from having a laptop with Windows ME installed and I regularly threatened it with an upgrade to Windows 98 !  I only used it when away from home, but eventually it crashed once too often and was replaced.

I think Windows ME must be the worst OS Microsoft have ever released* Windows Vista wasn't good, but it wasn't bad as long as you didn't ask too much of it.

 

* My own opinion is that Windows ME wasn't actually released, it escaped and was never recaptured. 🙂

I became very well acquainted with Darik's Boot-n-Nuke program back in those days. Every time the PC caught a virus, I'd wipe the hard drive clean and reinstall the OS. Had to save any files that would fit on those old 3.5" floppy disks to prevent losing them. If they were too large to fit on those, I'd burn them on CDs. Gotta say, I'm loving cloud storage these days.

And yes, I'd take Vista any day over ME. Sometimes I used to think ME was itself a virus.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have an obsession with death. Everything death. I got the username from my own mental health, as I feel like and believe I am a walking dead person, a corpse perhaps, and I feel out of my body, and out of this world. 💀 Edgy, Dark, I know - but that's something of a person I am, and it's just become me. 

So people called me "D" online, because of my handle "Death" which my obsession with death was expressed a lot online, hence the nickname "D". 
I also get the nickname "D" because of my name "Dimitrios" which means "Earthly being" in greek I believe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Between the age of 11-14 I used to go on a chatroom on an old flash game website called SFG. I had a lot of friends on there, and it was a good place to socialize for somebody who was extremely socially awkward at school. I used to go by RZ on there because the letter combination looked qutie cool on the chat, plus I was top of the hours online ranking a lot so new members would instantly recognize me online. I continue to use it primarily because I can't think of anything better and it's relatively unique.

Also, it doesn't stand for anything, but I'm open to suggestions. I always liked Radical Zebra.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, RZ. said:

 

Also, it doesn't stand for anything, but I'm open to suggestions. I always liked Radical Zebra.

Kinda coming at it from a synthwave angle, but... Retro Zebra, perhaps? Or Retro Zombie?

Full disclaimer: I'm not great at naming things. 😅

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RZ. said:

Also, it doesn't stand for anything, but I'm open to suggestions. I always liked Radical Zebra

1 hour ago, viruxx said:

Kinda coming at it from a synthwave angle, but... Retro Zebra, perhaps? Or Retro Zombie?

Retro actually seems to match your preference for older anime pretty well.

As for Z … Zeitgeist? :P 

zeit·geist /ˈtsītˌɡīst,ˈzītˌɡīst/ -noun- the defining spirit or mood of a particular period of history as shown by the ideas and beliefs of the time; the general intellectual, moral, and cultural climate of an era.

But given the Deadpool 2 inference … maybe not

 

spacer.png

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, viruxx said:

Kinda coming at it from a synthwave angle, but... Retro Zebra, perhaps? Or Retro Zombie?

Full disclaimer: I'm not great at naming things. 😅

I do like Zebras, so perhaps this is not such a bad idea.

21 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Retro actually seems to match your preference for older anime pretty well.

As for Z … Zeitgeist? :P 

zeit·geist /ˈtsītˌɡīst,ˈzītˌɡīst/ -noun- the defining spirit or mood of a particular period of history as shown by the ideas and beliefs of the time; the general intellectual, moral, and cultural climate of an era.

But given the Deadpool 2 inference … maybe not

  Hide contents

spacer.png

Very intellectual! That would make me appear far more sophisticated than I truly am, which is right up my street :D

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...