Headphones

Karen

Christmas is coming and I will get gift cards for the shop where i buy my headphones^^

Damn, you are lucky, I only got those once and it was for a restaurant, how much(as in the total worth of the gift cards)?

What do you guys suggest I get for new headphones? I know nothing absolutely nothing about them. I read a few articles online but they were not the best help.

My budget is $100. They gotta be durable and I would like the best sound quality I can get for my price range. Thanks in advance. ^_^

What do you guys suggest I get for new headphones? I know nothing absolutely nothing about them. I read a few articles online but they were not the best help.

My budget is $100. They gotta be durable and I would like the best sound quality I can get for my price range. Thanks in advance. ^_^

I would highly suggest these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008OQLLT6

My ears are extremely sensitive to the point where having most headphones on hurts really bad, but these don't do that for me. Also, good sound quality as well, and the current price is $99.

• Like 1

I would highly suggest these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008OQLLT6

My ears are extremely sensitive to the point where having most headphones on hurts really bad, but these don't do that for me. Also, good sound quality as well, and the current price is $99.

Thank you very much for the help drill. (y)

I have sensitive ears as well so I'll defaintly look into getting these.

• 1 year later...

I tap one black mana and with it call forth the power needed to cast...

7d3a1988d19546658095dcd9d6f59547.png.70755e6d9663d80ee8a20de63c103f81.png

Post your headphones, and tell us about them.

This is where I reveal myself to be a bit of an audio nut. I use AKG k702s, which are high end open back over ear headphones with detachable cable, powered by a Little Dot Mk III headphone amp, and (soon, anyway) a Schiit Modu Multibit DAC. I've previously used a pair of k701s, and before that Sennheiser HD580s.

zLVSSfJ.png.cd1b9af2e70a69b20dc118bf58735e0b.png

k701/k702/q701/etc headphones are beautifully comfortable for extended use, sound awesome, and have very generous soundstages. That said, they're not for everyone - people who place particular emphasis on bass in particular may find them a bit lacking. I've head that this isn't a concern with the more recent k712 however, which is probably what I'l go with for my next pair.

I got the AKG K550

Good on you! In case anyone can't tell from the spiel I just wrote above, I'm a bit of an AKG fangirl. :D

• Like 1

Last year I got the new Philips Fidelio X2s to replace my old Sony MDR7506,

so I'll give my impressions with the X2s as well as comparing them with the MDR7506 for a bit.

FehWujB.jpg.776b82c598a7016c8de7488e074c9f04.jpg

The X2s are open-back headphones, so, unlike the closed-back MDR7506s,

they don't isolate outside noise and leak sound out like a pair of phone speakers.

As expected of open-back headphones, the X2s sound a fair bit more spacious than the MDR7506,

which is especially striking while hearing any kind of a stereo effect.

The bass impact, unusually high for open-back headphones, was a major reason for why I picked the X2s,

and it's just on a different level from the brighter MDR7506s with their smaller 40mm drivers.

While playing FPS games, all guns now sound twice as powerful with the X2s.

Comparing some music on the two headphones, the X2s are my clear pick for any kind of EDM

with their better sub bass, or anything where there's a lot happening, like KPOP, with their bigger soundstage.

The MDR7506s bring vocals closer and in crisp detail, so something like the Konosuba ED 'Chiisana Boukensha'

centered on cutesy vocals sounds better on them in my opinion.

Build-wise, the X2s are larger, and feature a self-adjusting headband, detachable cable, and velour ear pads.

In comparison, the MDR7506s are lighter, and a bit rattly with their folding mechanism.

I prefer the look and feel of the X2s, as they feel solid and high-end,

and the large, soft velour ear pads sit comfortably on the head.

A detachable cable is also handy on the X2s, as I can leave one cable plugged in my PC

and use a shorter one for a phone or laptop.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sennheiser 280 Pros. I was looking for something that was cheap and had a good range and these fit the bill pretty perfectly. Especially since at the time of trying to find headphones I was trying to find something that was good for casual listening + mixing since I did some voice over stuff and wanted something very neutral. The cord was also a huge plus, my last pair of headphones, the Audio Technica M30, drove me absolutely insane. The cord was huge, would twist, and I'd constantly get it stuck either under or wrapped around one of my hair legs when I was moving in and out.

My only issue is if you're wearing these for a long time like I do your ears can get a little sweaty, both inside and out so it's best to take them off once in awhile.

280flat640.jpg.9dd781b4f9e50d2b8f1a7a924c9caa91.jpg

• Like 1