Ask the member below you!

Nuh1000

Probably pop-rock.

If you could have one TV character in a zombie apocalypse who would you choose? 

L from Death Note

Have you watched Harry Potter and if so what is your favourite movie/book 

• 5 weeks later...

Not all of them, but I've seen The Sorcerer's Stone several times, so I guess I'll say that's my favorite. Yet another thing I need to rectify...

Have you attempted to learn another language?

I did, I tried to learn German for my ex, and... I'm actually impressed with myself with how much I learned (I'm a horrible student) but... yeah. Mainly I was just stuck on funny words.

Ausfhart = Exiting the autoban/when driving. (Ausgang is exiting on foot.) ... I'm not very mature, and Ausfhart just kills me... I actually bought an Ausfhart sign the last time I went there.

Die Opernplatz = The Opera Square.... just sounded funny to me...

Pommas = French Fries. It was pronounced a little different and again, It just sounded funny to me.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

15 minutes ago, Takatofan1986 said:

I did, I tried to learn German for my ex, and... I'm actually impressed with myself with how much I learned (I'm a horrible student) but... yeah. Mainly I was just stuck on funny words.

Ausfhart = Exiting the autoban/when driving. (Ausgang is exiting on foot.) ... I'm not very mature, and Ausfhart just kills me... I actually bought an Ausfhart sign the last time I went there.

Die Opernplatz = The Opera Square.... just sounded funny to me...

Pommas = French Fries. It was pronounced a little different and again, It just sounded funny to me.

Nice! I took German in college and tried to retain it for a while afterwards. I don't think I could hold down a conversation with a native, but I can get the gist when reading an article. That's cool that you learned some!

Got any plans for the summer?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Takatofan1986 said:

Ausfhart just kills me

I took German in HS and I cheerfully admit to the same problem.  :D  I too could not hold a conversation, but I do remember Lebensabschnittpartner.  (Roughly meaning "lover for the day", or maybe "casual fling" in English.)  The punch line is the linguistically more elegant version is lebensabschnittgefährte.  🤣🤣🤣🤣 

German compound words in general are fun.  Not only can the language put a whole sentence into a compound word, it has words like Kopfkino or Wanderlust or Schadenfreude that combine words to capture a nuance.  So useful we imported them into English!  (Or American anyway... apologies to any Brits in the audience.)

How long did you study German?

Edited by efaardvark
didn't read the dang topic befor posting
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Schadenfreude! Another fun one!

I didn't study consistently (Again, bad student) But I'd say for the last 2 years of our relationship or so, I studied a little off and on, and could say a few things. Enough that if I went to a resturant, as long as I knew the german word for what I wanted (Scnitzel und Poomas) I could order, and I could say a few other phrases and things, but really not a ton. I wish I would have tried harder.

Who is your favorite anime character?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cold drinks. I don't mind drinking room temperature drinks though whenever they're not cold anymore, but if I had a choice I prefer the cold ones. ^^

Do you like cold pizza or hot pizza?

Edited by Otaku Gamer

• 1 month later...

Mercury don't why but looks cool over there. Though probably not habitual. 

What is your favorite drink you enjoy whenever it's your down time and thristy?