Ask the member below you!

Nuh1000

13 minutes ago, Seshi said:

Can you travel to the future that hasn’t happened yet in a time machine? Time travel is a confusing concept for me

Well, time travel and time itself are rather complex.

The past, present, and future have been said to be occurring simulteanously, at least according to the following article by Pault Ratner on Big Think, who credits Dr. Kristie Miller, of the University of Sydney, though I though it came up earlier than that, since the article was dated 2018, as I thought it was mentioned in The Fabrics of the Cosmos.

https://bigthink.com/surprising-science/a-controversial-theory-claims-present-past-and-future-exist-at-the-same-time

If you include parallel worlds or universes, much in the same fashion as time travel in Dragon Ball, then it should be possible, but that would be iffy as the future still would have occurred, since parallel worlds deal with each possibility being true in its own world (e.g. a coin showing heads in our world, but it being tails in a parallel world).

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

@Seshi Well, it depends on what kind of time travel you are talking about. When it comes to the future you could imagine something like you being "frozen" but everything continuing. Something like falling asleep and waking up 1000 years later. What's even more confusing is the question if future events are true/false (or can be true/false) (not saying will be but are). Or you subscribe to some idea of "presentism" and say the future/past doesn't exist, or always exists 😂 (similar to what @brycec mentioned).

But yeah, the question remains, what would you do if you had a time machine (that can go to the future and past).

• Like 1

Million dollars for life, that way, I can travel as much as I want and/or not need to worry about bills and such.

What would you do if you found out that you inherited a large sum of money from a stranger and it was not a scam?

Not sure I would want either, but I would say the search engine, as it is the most used.

Would you rather live in ignorance, knowing only what your elders and peers want you want to believe and know, or live with the stress of knowing what others do not realize?

I would eliminate the bitter taste, so medicine would be easier to take when needed.

What would you do if you knew what would happen in the future, but nobody believed you?

Same thing I do now, unless I end up in a future where I am the smartest in the world, like Idiocracy.

How would you avoid losing your job if you found yourself homeless?