Bucket list

Zen Wistaria

I thought it might be interesting to start a bucket list discussion, :)

Here are a few things on my list, :)

• Sky Dive
  • Bungee Jump
  • Experience the Arcelor Mittal Orbit in London
  • Visit Japan and experience the Japanese way of life
  • Visit Akihabara - The capital of otaku land
  • Visit Osaka's Denden Town - it's like Akihabara
  • Learn Japanese - I like the language

Things I've done so far from my bucket list, :)

• The zip lining experience - it was awesome!
  • Be a collector of something - currently a collector of a selection of retro video games.
  • Like 1

I love this idea!

I have a lot of things I'd like to do, but haven't really written them down, so off the top of my head:

Live in Japan for a short while 

Hang glide 

Eat Ethiopian food again

Eat authentic Chinese food

Own a house boat, live on the water

• Like 1

I've always thought there were things I should do in my lifetime.

• Make a YouTube channel
  • Write a book
  • Have my writing be adapted
  • Have a community
  • Visit my home country
  • Graduate college
  • Live a steady life

I've made my YouTube channel. Hopefully it only grows from here, but it's hard to come up with an idea and put in clear terms how to make it into a video.

As for writing, I just think it'd be nice to have my work become something special to others. Series like My Lesbian Experience With Loneliness are really special to me, and it'd be nice to know that my works would be something special to somebody else. An adaptation is just a side goal of that, but it'd be nice to see it re-imagined from another viewpoint, since I don't think I could perfectly write a story on the first try.

Visiting my home country is harder than you'd think. The political climate has changed the landscape, either for better or for worse. I know it'd be hard on my parents to visit, but I don't think I should go without them.

Living a steady life might seem like an odd goal, but my life has seemed fickle, especially in the teenage years. I don't think I particularly had a rough upbringing, but my mental state was... uneven. I'd like to hope that I'm heading towards easier times, and graduating college should be a step in the right direction.

• Like 2

@Kinbaryu

I think, to run a successful YouTube channel you have to be passionate about the subject, one thing you could do is research other YouTubers in the same field to see what they are talking about, and then but your own spin on it, if that makes sense?

I do know, from past research, the YouTube algorithm looks for consistency in uploads and engagement with the community, if it's possible try to upload one video a week, on a specific day of your choosing, that would help your chances of being recommended by YouTube.

For the engagement with the community, visiting other YouTube channels comments section and engaging with the community there is counted as an advantage for your algorithm result, because the algorithm see's you as an active member of the community, and once you upload with consistency your videos have a greater chance of being shared in the recommendations on YouTube.

To follow on from above, if your engagement with the community on other YouTube channels is of good quality, you are likely to have a greater chance of people there clicking on your YouTube channel name in the comment section.

One thing you could do while in the comment section of high profile YouTube channels is to look for recommendations by people in the comment section, as there will be times the community will make recommendations to YouTubers within the comment section, but high profile YouTubers are likely very busy and have a greater chance of missing recommendations in the comment section, so, you could help the community by filling in these requests.

I hope the above helps in some way :)

• Useful 1
  • Informative 1

Thanks for taking the time to give a detailed response, @Banri.

I've done some browsing around the anime community, looking at channels like Gigguk, Mother's Basement, Digibro, Kurosai, etc. Currently my main channel is closest to a channel like Kurosai's, but I'm hoping to eventually head in the direction of Gigguk and Mother's Basement. (Of course, with my own flair to it like you have said.)

I didn't know that YouTube favored consistency and engagement like that. I was already planning on doing my best to upload weekly, but hearing it in direct terms like this will hopefully motivate me a bit more. As for engagement, I hadn't even considered it. I'll try my best in that regard. Using other people's requests for my channel is another great idea I hadn't considered.

Thanks again, @Banri.

• Like 2

You're very welcome @Kinbaryu

I forgot to credit the source of the information, I'd absolutely recommend checking them out on YouTube - Video Influencers, they have an abundance of information across a wide range of videos, the key points I mentioned above are the main ones, but that's just scratching the surface, I watch the newest videos from them as they come out which are always packed with knowledge and encouragement. 👍

One service they recommend is called VidIQ, VidIQ has a website (vidiq.com) and also a YouTube channel with the same name, I think it would be well worth checking them out when you get the chance, with what I know so far about VidIQ - they break down information into more detail, you get to see more detailed information about your YouTube channel but also that of other YouTube channels too, VidIQ are a YouTube certified service. 👍

What you could do with your uploads is to schedule them, for example if you are able to create four videos either on one day or across consecutive days and do a scheduled upload, it will give you time to do other things IRL (because real life is likely to always get in the way when starting out on YouTube), with scheduled uploads you'll not miss a set time for an upload which is super important when starting out, if you have free time after all that you will be free to do more research for your videos and engage with the wider community, the more active you are, and the more the community see's your username appearing in comment sections on other YouTube channel's videos, the more likely people will subscribe to you. :)

It's absolutely important when engaging in other YouTuber channel videos try to add quality feedback to the ongoing discussion, if someone has a thread going try to take part if you can, if someone asks a question about an anime for example - try to answer it for them, if you don't know the answer google will likely be your best bet, it's really important to be as helpful as possible, it might be difficult at times to keep up with the ongoing comment section in other YouTuber channels' comment section, but I'm sure from what I've learnt so far, the hard work will likely pay off - eventually. :)

I hope the above information helps in some way :)

Edited by Banri

• 1 month later...

This is a good idea, I don't actually have a specific list I've ever written up though I've always meant to. 

There are some things I want to do though such as Visit Japan, finish learning Arabic, go horseback riding on a beach at sunset, visit Hawaii, see the Northern Lights, visit the Rocky mountains.

I think I am going to write up a list tonight of things I really want to do so thanks for the inspiration ^^ 

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

1.) Visit New York on vacation and take a tour of the U.S.

2.) Fly in a hot air balloon.

3.) Go on an African Safari.

4.) See the Sistine Chapel.

5.) Be in two places at once.

6.) Sandsurfing.

7.) Ride an Elephant.

8.) Swim with Dolphins.

9.) Attend a murder mystery dinner.

10.) Visit Machu Picchu.

11.) See and walk the Great Wall of China.

12.) Run a marathon.

13.) Learning woodwork and how to fix things so I can build pieces of my own furniture.

14.) Learn sign language.

Things I have already crossed off are-

1.) Visit Easter Island.

2.) Visit Disney World in Florida.

3.) Hang gliding.

4.) Learn Archery.

5.) Building my own computer from scratch.

Edited by Sasuke
  • Like 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

@Sasuke I think you just wrote my new list 🤩

I can’t believe you’ve gone hang gliding!!! I want to do this most out of anything. Tell me how it was!

Id love to climb on the Great Wall of China as well, and attend a murder mystery dinner party.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seshi said:

@Sasuke I think you just wrote my new list 🤩

I can’t believe you’ve gone hang gliding!!! I want to do this most out of anything. Tell me how it was!

Id love to climb on the Great Wall of China as well, and attend a murder mystery dinner party.

I screamed - or rather shrieked - for about the first minute of it and saw my entire life flash before my eyes. I'm actually afraid of heights but I wanted to do something like this. Once I calmed down and realized I wasn't going to die it was an amazing experience. You get a view of the Earth that you don't get from just being in an airplane and it really does give you this sensation that you are actually flying. There's a lot of places to do it here, so if you ever go hang gliding, you should come here to Switzerland the landscape for the views is outstanding.

I've never found a place hosting a murder mystery dinner which sucks because when I see it on movies it looks like a pretty cool roleplaying experience.

• Friendly 1

We have murder mystery dinners a lot here!! The thing about hang gliding here is, there’s nowhere like that! Just low gliding over beach dunes... meh

I want to fly!!!

It seems I squandered an awesome opportunity- I’ve been to Switzerland to see the Chillon Castle.. that’s pretty much all I got to do.

• Cute (Kawaii) 1

32 minutes ago, Seshi said:

We have murder mystery dinners a lot here!! The thing about hang gliding here is, there’s nowhere like that! Just low gliding over beach dunes... meh

I want to fly!!!

It seems I squandered an awesome opportunity- I’ve been to Switzerland to see the Chillon Castle.. that’s pretty much all I got to do.

Awwkay, I know where that is been once. If you ever go back you should definitely look into the hang gliding opportunities that are around here. There is several businesses I can think of that offer it. Hang gliding over the beach might be nice too though you could check out the ocean from a different POV.

• Like 1