Naps are good.

Shiroe

Actually, naps are amazing. I can't help but feel a crash throughout the day, and a nap can really pick me up for the rest of the day. I just have to be careful to not let them go on for too long.

According to ScienceDaily, kids who nap are significantly happier, smarter, and nicer. I think the human body was designed to nap. It just seems weird to just sleep for 8 hours, then expect everyone to be fully awake for the next 16 hours without a break. Some people just need to recharge, even if its just for 20 minutes.

Image result for anime sleeping cute

In fact, I'll take a nap right now.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Naps are definitely a good thing. From what I've read, make sure to keep your mid-afternoon naps under 25 minutes though. Any more than that, and they'll actually drain your energy.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Nono said:

Naps are definitely a good thing. From what I've read, make sure to keep your mid-afternoon naps under 25 minutes though. Any more than that, and they'll actually drain your energy.

There are suprisingly many people who think Power Napping is just short sleeping (for some  one - three hours!)  while they should be between 20 to 30 mins. I guess many people think that they won't even fall asleep during this time or wouldn't get enough sleep - which wouldn't happen if they did it regularly... (power napping is something you learn over time and is shown to be immensely effective, while, as you wrote, any longer than that is actually energy draining)

As for napping in general - I don't really do that. I try to get my 8 - 9 hrs of sleep, go to sleep at roughly the same time and wake up at roughly the same time and hardly ever feel tired during the day. Although there are days where I get wayyy less sleep due to assignments or studying but this also means that I can't nap due to them...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

I agree, now if I csn only convince my employer.

I wish that naps were more common in the workplace. I know some companies like Google allow naps, but I wonder why it's so common to just expect your workers to be fully energized for 8 hours a day. Allowing your workers to recharge would definitely lead to happier workers and less accidents, I'm sure.

• Like 1

We need to change the fast pace of society before expecting anyone to accept naps to be normal for adults. Such high demand is placed on productivity that I couldn’t even see this being possible.

• Agree 1