New anime collector/fan

Fireduck

Hi!  I'm extremely new to anime even though I've been collecting for a couple years now.  I have almost 2 shelfs full now but most of the anime I've bought I haven't even watched yet!

I just finished High School DxD New and I really needed a break from all the you know what in that show so for a complete change of pace I just started Death Parade.

So very excited to be apart of the forum and to journey into the wonderful world of anime with you all!

noah

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Anime! What a great thing to collect 😃 I don’t think you’ll regret any of those purchases - they are great gifts when you’ve watched them and grow out of some, and great keepsakes when you find ones you love.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

- Seshi

3 hours ago, Seshi said:

Anime! What a great thing to collect 😃 I don’t think you’ll regret any of those purchases - they are great gifts when you’ve watched them and grow out of some, and great keepsakes when you find ones you love.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

- Seshi

Anime has really surprised me with how emotional and interesting and just plain fun it can be!  Some of the concepts anime has shown me has been so unique that I can't believe I've missed out on the medium before.

i just watched "your name" and legit teared up!  It seriously blew me away!  I've never seen anything like it before!  I know there's another movie that's similar so I can't wait to watch that as well!

9 hours ago, VampireKnight19 said:

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your stay with us. 

I am really new to anime too :)

Looks like I'm in good company then.  Thanks vampireknight!

8 hours ago, Banri said:

Welcome to the community @Fireduck :)

Thank you Banri!

5 hours ago, Kinbaryu said:

I hope you enjoy your stay. AF is a really comfy place to be. 😊

It definitely looks to be!  Thank you kinbaryu!

4 hours ago, Kaga Koko said:

I kaga the ghostly potato of af welcome you here 

Thank you so much kaga!

• Like 2

Very nice! Watch claymore ASAP 😍 also the manga is even better!

Have you seen any of Miyazaki’s films? Spirited Away, Howels  Moving Castle, Nausica of the valley of the wind? They are truly unique and in a league of their own.

2 hours ago, Seshi said:

Very nice! Watch claymore ASAP 😍 also the manga is even better!

Have you seen any of Miyazaki’s films? Spirited Away, Howels  Moving Castle, Nausica of the valley of the wind? They are truly unique and in a league of their own.

Just finished Death Parade.  It was AMAZING!!!  One of the best things I have EVER watched in my life.  It was so so good!

I was thinking of watching something else before I resume DxD.  Maybe I'll choose Claymore then!  :)   I haven't seen those films yet but they are on my must list for sure!

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Hi, that's a great name 😂

On 6/7/2019 at 6:12 PM, Fireduck said:

i just watched "your name" and legit teared up!  It seriously blew me away!  I've never seen anything like it before!  I know there's another movie that's similar so I can't wait to watch that as well!

If you liked that movie, this thread might be of interest to you. As you will see there, @Vivi Hyuuga is a huge fan of it as well.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Beocat said:

Welcome to the forums Noah :) I, like you, have quite the backlog of anime to watch.

Thank you beocat.  Currently working on finishing up K, then I'm on to the next series.  So far I've really enjoyed everything I own.  I went ahead and PO'd a silent voice cause I watched it on Netflix and was blown away!  So yeah I'll need to add that to the collection for sure!

• Like 1