Sorry to take a lot of your time , and thank you in advance , even a therapist couldn't understand the situation so plz answer my questions so i can focus and stop thinking about it .
Keep in mind that no offense is meant , but my friends and I had a lot of fights and misunderstandings because of this .
I have been curious about this for a long while now , and I would like for this comunity to help me find a better understanding of my fujo friends....
to the point , dear fujoshis (or anyone with answers): 1) My friend told me that she always shipped her favorite characters together , but how can you love a character then " give him away" to another guy ? Like , you like someone (character) who is not interested in the opposite gender ? ( BI for example). Otherwise , is the only reason for loving a character is this and youare completely okay with staying alone as long as the 2 guys in the series develop feelings for eachother ? But at the same time you are truly in love wih one of the pair? ( doesn't it feel contradictory?)
2) Why did it even start to be this way ? For example , what trigerred you to try reading/watching? I don't want the concise answer of " because it's hot or because it's cute " I have already heard those from my friend but i am not willing to be convinced until i hear an explanation. I do admit though some characters in this genre are drawn to look hot , but wouldn't be more relieveing if he was with a girl instead ?
3) how wrong do you think what are you doing can be ? Do you regret it ? especially in older age range ?
4)Aren't the hardcore ones too hardcore? They ddo involve graphics of sorts , and Honestly plz EXPLAIN what do you find aesthetic about such graphics.
to be honest i would let it slide if it was normal relationship story , but why specifically this ? If you want graphics there are some shoujo which have smut in them .There are 18+ otomes why Bl/yaoi then?
5) Wouldn't you fear getting dragged into something that mught ruin your real life choices ? ( especially marriage and unhelathy obsessions with drawing explicit scenes and having fantasy about them and or on real people )?
6) Why in your opinion , romantic interaction between guys is cute but between a guy and a girl isn't ? Don't you blush and ect... if a guy you have a crush on confesses for example?
7) If you are born in a religious household , and you are religious , don't you feel like living a conflict ?
8) Did you ever ask yourself , doubted yourself about why you are different ?Do you think what you are doing is completely normal and okay as long as you don't mix it up with real world?
ENJOY YOUR DAY < Tori san and hiroki !>