I feel guilty for missing out on Splatoon on the WII U.

Now that the Wii U and 3DS servers are down I have a confession to make, I totally missed out on playing Splatoon 1... I had a Wii U back when the first game released and since then I was just too busy with anything anime and PC gaming-releated... I got the game on Christmas but never played it because I was already fearing that everyone was already at a higher level than me since launch and I was fearing that I will get nailed online in seconds... So I missed out on what Splatoon 1 had to offer like Turf wars and Splatfests, sadly I never made any memories of seeing Callie and Marie perform on stage during splatfests, partcipated in online matches against other inklings online nor partcipated in any Splatfests... 😭 I don't if I can still make any memories of play Splatoon 1 right now.... So I am kinda late in getting into the Splatoon series. I know the other games Splatoon 2 and 3 on the Switch still have online but still... I never made any memories of playing the first Splatoon game online and I don't even know if the Story modes are even connected to the other games or just separate stories that are like disconnected because I would like to play the games in chronological order....  But the only memories I made about Splatoon 1 is watching other people play the game on Youtube and cosplaying as an inkling boy wearing a Squid girl outfit. (Yes there was a Squid girl outfit in the original game.)

So I just feel guilty coming in late to the Splatoon fandom.... 😢

Edited by Jokinglytimeless1994