Gamescom 2017

RepentantSky

Okay, holy crap. Gamescom has been overwhelming so far, but I'm gonna summarize the more interesting points for anyone who's interested in the event, so buckle yourselves in because there is a lot to go over. I will be posting any articles, but pretty much everything I talk about can be found on Dualshockers, Gematsu IGN or USGamer.

Age of Empires: Definitive Edition has a release date, and Definitive Editions of II and III are coming, and Age of Empires IV is also in the works. You will see a theme for a couple of these stories, where a remake is either close to release, or announced and a sequel for the series is coming, or vice versa, a sequel has been made and then a remake was commissioned by the original developers, so get used to that. That said, the first Age of Empires remake is coming October 19th, none of the other games coming have a release date, but they will all be available on PC.

Attack On Titan 2 was announced. We don't have any platforms confirmed, but it's safe to say this one will also come out for PC, Xbox One and PS4, like the first one did. The game is set for release sometime early 2018.

Not really Gamescom news, but it's still important and it came out around the same time, but Crackdown 3 has been delayed until Spring of 2018 to allow for more development time for improvements and such.

A Hole New World, which released on PC and Xbox in May and June respectively is now headed for PS4. Like the previous release's schedules, the first three people who get all the trophies (in the case of PC and Xbox it was achievements) will get an NES cartridge of the game. It's a Metroidvania platformer action title. The game will release September 5th in North America, and September 6th in Europe.

Biomutant, a game that was leaked just about a day or two ago is confirmed. It's post apocalyptic action RPG with anthropomorphic animals. There's a CG trailer for it, but that's about it. No release dates or platforms are confirmed but the game is being developed by THQ Nordic and a new team of developers called Experiment 101 who is made up of devs who worked on Just Cause and Mad Max.

Shenmue III got it's first real trailer and it's somewhat odd. The characters look and act like they did back during Shenmue II but everything around them looks like a modern game. Still no release date of any kind though. I believe there was a release window mentioned at some point, but I honestly don't remember what it was other than a season if latter part of 2018.

White Day 2: Swan Song 2 was announced for PS4 and PSVR. The Remake of White Day: A Labyrinth Named School starts releasing tomorrow all the way until the 29th depending on region and system. This makes it the second series to get a sequel after a remake has already been decided on.

ReCore Definitive Edition, which was also leaked a day or two ago was confirmed last night. It will have better visuals and be upgradable to 4K when the Xbox One X is released. It will also include an expansion, that will be free for those who own the regular edition of the game. It releases August 29th.

Bioshock 10th anniversary edition is coming November 14th. The edition is for Xbox One and PS4, and will include a nearly foot tall figure of a big daddy and a little sister. The Big Daddy lights up, has a voice and the Drill on it is motorized. The asking price is 199.99 US.

FFXV is finally coming to PC early 2018, and will be able to support up to 8K visuals. No exact date was given.

Fear Effect is getting a remake, this is story is a bit complicated. Back in April of last year, a Kickstarter was made by an Indie Company called Sushee. They successfully funded a project to make a Sequel to Far Effect called Fear Effect: Sedna. Last night we found that Square Enix has also hired them to make a remake of the first game. There's no word on which is coming first, but they will both be here at one point.

During Xbox's "conference" at Gamescom it was revealed that PubG has sold over 8 million units online, and has over 600,000 active players.

FE, which was one of the few games people paid attention to during EA's conference just before E3 officially kicked off, is coming to PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch early 2018 and got a new trailer to boot.

A game called Mothergunship which is an action FPS sort of game was also announced. It came with a trailer that showed some actual gameplay, so if it sounds interesting to you, go check it out.

Fire Emblem Warriors has a release date of October 20th after a new trailer dropped. We'll still don't have a trailer for 3DS though, or gameplay, and the only characters we've seen thus far are from Fates and Awakening, which is an egregious oversight to say the least.

Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker showed off some it's online play. It also has a class system which consists of face to face attackers, ranged fighters, defensive fighters and healers. Groups can also be made for the online battles. Finally the trailer showed that we can make custom fighters and much like Dragonball Xenoverse games, learn techniques from characters from the anime.

Speaking of DBZ Dragon Ball FighterZ got a new trailer show casing androids 16 and 18, with 17 along for some assists with 18's attacks. There's no confirmation on whether or 17 will be his own character in the game yet. There was also hints of a story for the game that is going to be unique for DB FighterZ. The game was also given a release month of February 2018.

Arms is getting a new fighter who had been teased previously called Lola Pop, but I didn't see a release date for her in the trailer. Nintendo's official YouTube channel does have it if you want to her fight though.

The intro and Opening cutscene for Starfox 2 was also posted on their YouTube channel if want to see it. Apparently the translation of the game was done back when it was set to release and that will be the version we here in the SNES classic edition for the game.

Final Fantasy XV is coming to mobile in FFXV: Pocket Edition. The game will come in 10 episodes with the first one being free, but all will be available at launch, and honestly why is this even a thing? If they really wanted to port the game, the best option would have been to put it on a proper handheld like the Vita and/or the 3DS. The visuals in the trailer are so bad that it looks like something in between Final Fantasy 7 and 8 on the PS1,accept it's worse than that because it looks like a game made out fanart. It's coming this fall, so I guess we'll so how messed up it is.

There's still actually a lot more to talk about, but I've been talking about it all for almost two days straight so I'm gonna stop there for now. If there's anything I missed that you want to talk about, bring it up, and let's talk some Gamescom because it's a bigger deal than I thought it was going to be.

Edited by Guest

Final Fantasy XV may be getting a Switch port. Now granted, nothing has been confirmed, but a 40 second clip from a Gamescom livestream suggest that those working on FFXV do want to do something with the game regarding the Switch. Lord knows that if the game can be ported to mobile, the switch can handle a version of it. Now I'm just waiting for them to say something about a proper handheld something for the series.

I absolutely loved this game way back when, and never got a chance to play any of the sequels. Sure would be fun to play it again, but hopefully there will be a version without the statue (cool as it sounds,) and just the game alone.

Nintendo really needs to move some of these games to PC; I can't afford a Switch right now, but I'm missing out on some of my favourite series. Almost makes me wish I hadn't sold my 3DS.

There is a Bioshock collection on current gen consoles and PC. But yeah, you probably shouldn't have sold your 3DS. There's a lotta games on there that still make it worth having.