So, would anyone be interested in a Digimon forum game?

Talos

I'm a writer, and I like to run games, quest games are a specialty and as a fan of digimon, I often combine the two. Quest games, if you are not aware, are games in which there is only one character. Players can vote on the actions of the character, and even make write ins of their own. It's lots of fun, and can be played with a surprisingly small amount of players. If you're curious, check out my sig, it's got a link to a Digimon quest I am running on another forum.

So, my question is, would anyone here be interested in such a game?

I have seen a little bit of Digimon and it is awesome, but can someone tell me what the point is in the show?

Gladly! The plot of Digimon differs from Anime to Anime and from Manga to Manga. But they always have this in common. There is a digital world inhabited by intelligent beings known as Digimon.

Anime Series usually have the plot being there are some human kids that get sucked into the Digital World, or have Digimon start showing up. They each team up with a "Partner" Digimon, and then work together to stop whatever the evil threat is for the season. Unlike Pokemon Humans only have one Digimon Partner.. The bonds between Human and Digimon allow them to achieve stronger forms(this was around long before Pokemon's "Mega Evolution" BTW)

Manga Series differ, but most of the time they are essentially an abridged form of Anime plots.

Guest Evil_Hunter
Gladly! The plot of Digimon differs from Anime to Anime and from Manga to Manga. But they always have this in common. There is a digital world inhabited by intelligent beings known as Digimon.

Anime Series usually have the plot being there are some human kids that get sucked into the Digital World, or have Digimon start showing up. They each team up with a "Partner" Digimon, and then work together to stop whatever the evil threat is for the season. Unlike Pokemon Humans only have one Digimon Partner.. The bonds between Human and Digimon allow them to achieve stronger forms(this was around long before Pokemon's "Mega Evolution" BTW)

Manga Series differ, but most of the time they are essentially an abridged form of Anime plots.

The one thing I know is that the Digimon Transform, so can pokemon.....I forgot some of the characters name's but if I see them I might recognize them

Unlike Pokemon Humans only have one Digimon Partner.

I thought that in the case of tamers (not the season but the concept), they were supposed to have more. That's how it is in Xros Wars. I RP a lot and I also write a lot, and through my writing activities I've come to distinguish between different "types" of Human partners, and even some sub-types for those types.

DigiDestined: Two types. One with crest (Adventure 01/02) and one without (Savers/Data Squad). The former uses a crest to make their Digimon pals achieve higher levels of power, while the latter charges DigiSoul/Digimon Natural Ability to make them digivolve. I always imgaine DigiSoul to be a stronger-yet-easier-to-use version of the crest method. In that the raw emotions are what give the Digimon power, not specific traits as with the crests.

Tamer: The most Pokemon trainer-like type of human partner, I imagine tamers to be, well, tamers. They "tame" "wild" Digimon and create their own personal army that way. Obviously, they would lack bonds as deep as the former type since they have so many Digimon partners. A sub-type of a Tamer would be a Xros user. Seen in, well, Xros.

Shapeshifter: Seen in Frontier. Everyone knows about it already so I don't need to go on.

The bonds between Human and Digimon allow them to achieve stronger forms(this was around long before Pokemon's "Mega Evolution" BTW)

That's along the lines of my gripe with the Pokemon RPG series. Pokemon as a whole, really. The stagnation. For a franchise that goes on and on about friendship and raising Pokemon the right way, the lack of Digimon World-esque games speaks louder than anything else, as far as I'm concerned. You would think Pokemon would be the first game with a pet-raising video game but no. Digimon does that instead. Even though Pokemon trainers have more Pokemon than Digidestined do Digimon, the latter had a pet-raising aspect/game. Isn't that funny? Meanwhile, Pokemon continues to mass-assemble the same stuff year after year. Now Pokemon is trying to jump on the bandwagon with that mega evolution business. No. It's too late. You had your chance, Nintendo, and you failed. FAILED!

Could you link me to some manga, please?

Could you link me to some manga, please?

Well there are mangas for Adventure and 02, but I don't know where to find them.

When I said "essentially an abridged form of Anime plots" I didn't mean each series had their own manga, I mean more on the line of Digimon Next(Read here: http://mangafox.me/manga/digimon_next/v01/c001/ ). It has the type of premise that an Anime woudl have, except it gets finished quicker. You know, not as many characters, and not so long of time between achieving Champions, Ultimates, and Megas.

• 1 month later...
  • Geano locked this topic