Did anyone else pick up Digimon All-Star Rumble?

Shattered Rift

So I headed over to OD when All-Star Rumble dropped to see what people were saying about it, but the site was down. And then a few people headed over here. I'm curious to hear people's thoughts outside of GameFAQs (where the game is taking a bit of flak).

I haven't picked it up. However, I've watched a few story walkthroughs. The arena battles hearken back to Digimon Rumble Arena, but with new Digimon. Between arena matches, however, it's a bit like Digimon World 4/X. They minced translated attack names (ie- Agumon's Pepper Breath is Spitfire Breath), and the story isn't much, but if you beat the game and unlock all of the Digimon, it would be a great game to play for parties.

Sorry, I suppose I was a bit unclear. I did pick up the game a few days after launch, and I've played through Story Mode enough times to unlock all of the alternate evolutions (but I haven't completed Story Mode as everyone). GameFAQs has been a bit of back-and-forth with flaming over the game, and I was more curious to hear what fans of the series had to say. (In the sense that I trust ODers a bit more in that regard than random people on GameFAQs who claim to be fans.)

• 11 months later...

I plan to get the new Rumble game at some point, although I also can't help but feel that it was only made as eye-candy to distract us from the fact that they didn't release Digimon Re-Digitise or Digimon Adventure (PSP) to the west, not that it stopped me owning Re-Digitise (shame 3DS is region locked), I just need time to play it, in front of a computer, so I can "simu-play" with the translated rom copy, as I don't think a transcript has been released!

Would have liked to get Adventure, but it either wasn't available when I looked on Amazon, when I bought Re-Digitise and Digimon Story: Lost Evolution, or it was too expensive, I forget which, it has been quite sometime!

Edited by Guest

• Geano locked this topic