Top 10 games of the year (So Far)

RepentantSky

What are yours? Mine are mostly RPG's but when it's been a good year for the genre like this one, it's kind of hard to blame me. So here's my list:

10. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

9. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

8. Little Nightmares

7. Tokyo Xanadu

6. Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles

5. The Walking Dead: A New Frontier

4. Tales of Berseria

3. Horizon Zero Dawn

2, NieR: Automata

1. Persona 5

So yeah, that's my list , what about yours? For that matter can you think of any game coming up that might change your list?

• 2 weeks later...

My favorites are Persona 5 and Breath of the Wild. I want to a wait a bit longer before actually making a top 10 list because there is always the chance something crazy will happen and I'll suddenly find my new favorite game. Still, I lost my social life to both of these games and I don't regret a single bit!

My favorites are Persona 5 and Breath of the Wild. I want to a wait a bit longer before actually making a top 10 list because there is always the chance something crazy will happen and I'll suddenly find my new favorite game. Still, I lost my social life to both of these games and I don't regret a single bit!

Well that's why it's a so far list, but I get it. Monster Hunter Stories, Ultra Sun and Moon and .hack://GU Last Recode are already going to change my list.

YO, are you monster hunter fan?! Do you have a favorite monster?! Sorry if I seem overly excited, I'm just currently in love with monster hunter.

I'm of a casual sort of fan. I've played Ultimate 3 and 4 and a little of the one on PSP, but I never get that far with the games because I think the world is far too interesting to not have a great story to go along with it. Monster Hunter Stories on the other hand fixes that issue entirely. Eeven the demo on the 3DS has got me more excited than I was before.

I'm of a casual sort of fan. I've played Ultimate 3 and 4 and a little of the one on PSP, but I never get that far with the games because I think the world is far too interesting to not have a great story to go along with it. Monster Hunter Stories on the other hand fixes that issue entirely. Eeven the demo on the 3DS has got me more excited than I was before.

Well, Monster Hunter is not something that most people play for story. It's all about evolution in a sense. Being a hunter, you know? Adapting to different situations so you may be able to conquer giant beasts. I understand you tho, I think a good story can really add something special to this universe. Therefore, I'm SO excited for Monster Hunter Stories hehe

Well, Monster Hunter is not something that most people play for story. It's all about evolution in a sense. Being a hunter, you know? Adapting to different situations so you may be able to conquer giant beasts. I understand you tho, I think a good story can really add something special to this universe. Therefore, I'm SO excited for Monster Hunter Stories hehe

I do understand that, and I get why some people are okay with it, but for me, it's hard to stay that involved with a game that asks you to grind for sometimes hours on end just to get one item you need, while under a time limit, and with no story. I need a reason other than getting the next armor or weapon to play a game for hours and hours on end. Also, I can't but feel like faster weapons aren't given enough love, and considering I always use fast attacks when given the option, that was kind of a downer.

Also, I can't but feel like faster weapons aren't given enough love, and considering I always use fast attacks when given the option, that was kind of a downer.

Yeah, I feel ya there. I always go for dual blades personally, but sometimes it can get really annoying to fight stronger enemies with it. I had to learn how to play with a Switch Axe, which has a big variety of faster combos, but even then maneuvering your character with it equipped feels really sluggish. There aren't many fast weapons in this game and I feel like the few it has are their most useful when grinding for materials killing small enemies, but that also goes with the grinding problem present through the game.