which fate series is the best?

cose1321

Well, I've only seen Fate/Zero, Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, and Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel I, (All by ufotable) but I think I have enough of a grasp of the series (the main one at least) to say that I find Fate/Zero the best. Compared to HF and UBW, Zero feels more like each of its characters are separate and important. Except for the first episode being confusing for first-time viewers, I was very satisfied with how Fate/Zero presented its cast, each with their own unique flaws and motivations.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Fate/Zero, Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works are maybe the best. The rest are kind of just spin offs that don't really follow anything with zero or night. And like fate/apocrypha requires you to read the light novel to have a better understanding of it. Which most likely only be in Japan.  You think they would make a sequel to Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, like how its a sequel to fate/zero. 

1 hour ago, Serge heartless said:

You think they would make a sequel to Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, like how its a sequel to fate/zero. 

they do have one, but its still only a visual novel. they may make a sequel to UBW, but it might ruin the ending of UBW too. fate/hollow ataraxia is the name of the sequel 

Edited by cose1321
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, cose1321 said:

they do have one, but its still only a visual novel. they may make a sequel to UBW, but it might ruin the ending of UBW too. fate/hollow ataraxia is the name of the sequel 

Oh wow, I didn't even know this existed. How much do you know about it? Is it actually good?

its good but it has more slice of life scenes then the original. here is the main story. im just going to copy and paste since theirs a lot.

Fate/hollow ataraxia differs from its predecessor in its gameplay and tone, favoring slice-of-life comedy scenes while retaining a dramatic core story. Like Fate/stay night, hollow ataraxia did not receive an official translation, but an unofficial patch was created by fans. A manga adaptation is under serialization.

The plot of Fate/hollow ataraxia is based 6 months after the events of Fate/stay night, taking place in Fuyuki City. The story, like Kagetsu Tohya, takes place in a dream world that reflects multiple timelines at once. It is a story that "encompasses the endings of all of the routes [of Fate/stay night], [while] not being any of them." It can be said not to follow any of the routes as a direct continuation, but rather act as a "counter" to the story of Fate/stay night itself. While "there is a setting about this happening after this route", it isn't that important and the player can interpret it either way. "Reopening" follows the ending of a "certain route" of Fate/stay night and the ending of Fate/hollow ataraxia. Even though hints towards the route exist, it is mainly left up to the readers' interpretation.[1][2] While the scene "Sequel" depicts the world outside of the loop, it is unknown to which timeline it belongs as Kinoko Nasu said "It’s best if you don’t think too much about it" when questioned about its place in the timeline.[3]

heres the link to wiki https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Fate/hollow_ataraxia

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cose1321 said:

Maybe one day they'll make it a anime. Though the other fate series seems kind of pointless, like fate/apocrypha and fate/grand order. Which really have nothing to do with fate/zero or fate/stay night. 

44 minutes ago, Serge heartless said:

Maybe one day they'll make it a anime. Though the other fate series seems kind of pointless, like fate/apocrypha and fate/grand order. Which really have nothing to do with fate/zero or fate/stay night. 

I agree with you on that, but I still think apocrypha was good. 

16 minutes ago, cose1321 said:

The story is different,but I think the idea of a great holy grail war is good. But it’s different than fate extra where they change the holy grail war

I think its one of those animes some people will like and others won't. Which makes it hard to explain, its kind of like if someone never read Miles Morales or spider man 2099 spider man aka Miguel . And only knows of Peter Parker. Then I give them miles morales or spider man 2099, and they are like who's this? Wheres Peter Parker? 

Edited by Serge heartless

Ya thats the problem, if you aren't a fan of fate, or know anything about fate, most likely apocrypha  will just confuse the crap out of you. Its still better then fate/kaleid, which I'm not really into making underage females sexual, and it has like 11-12 year old lesbians. 

Edited by Serge heartless