What do the ranks mean?

OtakuKid

Question

So I’ve been here, on this site, for about a month or so. But what do the ranks mean? Mine says “Greenhorn member” which I assume means “newbie”. But how do I level up? When do I get to be a plain old “AF member”? And what does being knighted mean?

Just now, OtakuKid said:

So I’ve been here, on this site, for about a month or so. But what do the ranks mean? Mine says “Greenhorn member” which I assume means “newbie”. But how do I level up? When do I get to be a plain old “AF member”? And what does being knighted mean?

Lol welp it doesn’t anymore!

still, what do the rankings mean? Even if I’m not a greenhorn anymore.

......which apparently I still am. Wow, that was confusing.

4 answers to this question

Ranks on any forum are generated by post count.  I couldn't tell you what AF's are, but they're entirely maintained by that.  It's kind of a staple thing of forums.

Usually it's by 10's, 50's, or 100's in post numbers.  Elevated status generally will change those too.

ETA: you can change your rank or "custom status" with enough points in the shop too.

• Informative 1

These are a guess, but I think rank 2 comes at 100 posts and rank 3 at 300 posts. I know you get rank 4 at 500 posts, and rank 5 at 1,000. I could be wrong about the first two.

• Like 1

Some visualization may be helpful here.

ranks.thumb.jpg.1408992b0addae1e67ba976701090a28.jpg

Basically, you can change the top user rank that says "Greenhorn Member" - these are customizable - as mentioned - in the shop.  Your User Status is what is defined by site management.  AF Member is just that - a member, a typical user.  The dots will always show what level of a user you are (1-5, possibly more).  Some forums switch these terminologies around, but regardless they have two different functions.  Your top "rank" or "status" - regardless, is just a title.  The bottom one is your standing in the forum.

• Informative 3

On 5/24/2020 at 3:28 PM, The History Kid said:

Some visualization may be helpful here.

ranks.thumb.jpg.1408992b0addae1e67ba976701090a28.jpg

Basically, you can change the top user rank that says "Greenhorn Member" - these are customizable - as mentioned - in the shop.  Your User Status is what is defined by site management.  AF Member is just that - a member, a typical user.  The dots will always show what level of a user you are (1-5, possibly more).  Some forums switch these terminologies around, but regardless they have two different functions.  Your top "rank" or "status" - regardless, is just a title.  The bottom one is your standing in the forum.

I know this isnt the thread for this but im not super active and don't see any threads about the new ranking update I would like to vote to removie it cux BOOOOOOO wtf Im not active in conversations but now im a newbie member I like my old title, also thats what i feel like most people took them as is a title you can edit....  Oh well