anime that got you hooked

Ristic

The two shows I blame for getting me into anime are Evangelion and Fruitsbasket. With those two shows and most shows I watch, I would go on YouTube and find reviews for them to see what others think, and got into anime culture that way.

Fruitsbasket especially though, the ending left an amazing impression on me and made me want to find more good shows.

at  frist  it was the early toonami  like DBZ and gundam wing  

then I  saw One  Piece, well when Brook was  Brought in as a Crew member    (Thriller Bark arc)

Toonami  had  Cut off one piece from their Line up  and hulu  would not dubbed  the  rest of one piece

So I got the Funmation  Channel   i paid for the  yearly  package  on 10/28/2017  and the rest is history

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

I didn't even realize DBZ was anime when I first saw it on Toonami. Then there was G Gundam, Rave Master, and a bunch of other Toonami shows. I miss when they'd air on the weekdays. DBGT was the only successor to DBZ I had growing up, so I loved it and still love it. Love it so much I bought the complete series. lol

The Ping Pong Club was a hilarious comedy that got me started. I had first got my taste of anime at a local comic book store. I rented it on VHS and that was 1998. After that I decided to try different ones based on what the comic book store offered. It was a mix as follows.

The Ping pong club (hilarious but can be vulgar) 😂😆

Cat girl nuku nuku (it's ok)

Serial experiments lain (it's ok for viewing through once)

Evangelion (way too depressing for me )

I was led to try more comedic anime as the years went by