Who remembers Funimation's dub of Keroro Gunso?

Hanna Fechik

While, I have Ghibli to thank for being an introduction to anime, the very first anime SERIES I had a genuine interest for Keroro Gunso, also know as Sgt Frog in the U.S.  I got into it with some encouragement from a HS peer. Yes, I also own the dubbed episodes on DVD.

So, I was wondering if anybody has watched the dub by Funimation, that was from 2009-2012. Honestly, Funi's dub was hilarious and it was a shame they did not continue with it. If you have, what did you think about? But, what do you think of this anime itself?

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2022 at 4:30 AM, Otaking66lives said:

I do. I thought the dub was good. The anime was funny. That's all I look for in an anime like this. Enjoyable watch, I think.

I know this reply is late, but there is something I found interesting. While the anime is rated TV-Y7 in the U.S. and the uncut version being rated PG, Funimation's dub and some of the content turns it into something that feels strongly like it should be rated PG 13 or TV-14, because even then it's pretty edgy even for an anime that's supposed to be family friendly. I know the manga was more mature and adult in nature(have not actually read most of it), but it seemed odd to me. Then again, nothing is taboo in anime, so...