Girl on floating island in space...

airyoki

Hi!

I been searching for years, literally years, for a show or movie.

When I was very young we used to rent VHS tapes from a local store in my hometown in Sweden.

It was usually he-man, thunder cats, dino riders and your typical 80s 90s animated shows. 

All these tapes had a few trailers in the beginning of other shows and there was this one trailer I just couldn't shake off my mind. A was just a little kid then - in the 90s - and had not been able to find it since.

The trailer consisted of this (or the little I can remember):

A girl standing on a small piece of "earth", only big enough for her, behind her I think there was a tree and she might have a pet dog or cat beside her. The background is just black space with tiny stars.

The scene is very reminiscent of an episode in "The fountain" (2006) in which Hugh Jackmans character floats through space in s kind of "orb" thing.

but like I said, it must have come from the 80s or 90s given that all the tapes there were from that period. And I'm pretty sure it's anime or at least very similar to anime. Very detailed and cool That was a style that you remembered being a kid in Sweden and I think the only sort of anime show I watched was Robotech.

I've tried numerous searches on the internet, contacted a bunch of anime forums in Sweden, i even asked chat gpt recently but the closest I ever came to something was a show called  "Akazukin Chacha" which looked a bit like I remembered my show/movie, but I haven't found the scene that I described. Maybe it is in there somewhere, chat gpt said it was a "theme" of that show; floating islands in space.

So if any of you have any information I would very,very much appreciate it!