Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball Super. Which one is the best?

---Crazy---Fangirl---

You always hear people talking about how they drew up with Dragon Ball Z in the 90s. I am actually twelve years old myself and I am reading and watching Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball Super. So in a way I am growing up with three different Dragon Ball series all at once!

I do have to say that the original Dragon Ball is the best out of all of them. It is just so fun, silly and light hearted. You just love these characters and the wacky adventures they go on. Plus seeing all the characters when they are younger and just starting out on being adventures is really refreshing.

Dragon Ball Z is my least favorite out of all of them. Sometimes the story can be to outlandish and kinda dumb. I guess Dragon Ball Z can also be very interesting. I really just watch it for the cool fights.

Though Dragon Ball Super is the perfect balance of these parts. Most of the characters are much older now so It is really cute to see all of the more slice of life moments. Then it is just as weird and dumb as before. I also just find the new and old characters to be very lovable. Pretty much all in all Dragon Ball Super is the best anime and then Dragon Ball is the best manga. Then Dragon Ball Z is pretty good too.

Bulma.jpg.195f666e049651309ed744c86777a9fe.jpg

If I had to rank these, Dragon Ball would be best. Things just felt more creative and unique, and it delivers more of what I expect from anime now, though seeing Goku go Super Saiyan and Gohan going Super Saipan 2 for the first time were pretty enjoyable.

Super is ok, but, just like GT, it is more of a repeat of Z at this point.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Dragon Ball >= Dragon Ball Z > GT > Chou

The original Dragon Ball series was a nostalgic series to me, it was all about adventuring out with everyone, Goku learning more of the world, training, meeting new people and collection the Dragon Balls and at the end entirely saving the world from Piccolo's rein which put the icing on the cake.

Dragon Ball Z itself was enjoyable with all of it's character development, Goku entirely learning more about himself and raising a family, and not to mention all the cool fights which sadly went repeating for the next few Sagas till the end.

Dragon Ball GT itself was also good, it tried to bring back the old vibes from dragon ball by having the same animation style as it did, making Goku a kid again and also taking from Z, the battles. Some people may not like it for a few mere reasons like Pan, Kid Goku and the old art style but it was still good.

Dragon Ball Super, on the other hand, is not done so well, it's just a mere repeat of everything and taking things from the old series into a random collage like new transformations and the martial arts tournament. It made Goku's character more like an villain that just enjoys fights and not the old fun Goku that will do anything to save the world and do nothing to cause the end of the world himself, which he did in Super.

• 1 month later...

Dragon Ball Z had better action/fight sequences, but not much else unfortunately. ¬¬ The dragon balls became merely a fail-safe, and any meaningful skills and abilities the characters possessed became nullified by the question of 'who has the highest power level?' The highest power level wins - that's it. You wanna beat the bad guy, ya better power up.

Now having said all that, I grew up with dragon ball z, and have a special connection to it despite these flaws. But in all honesty, I think the original Dragon Ball was the best of the series.

And as for Super, its really just riding on the curtails of Z.

• Winner 1