Boruto Episode 20 Discussion

MadaraUchiha

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD.

Episode 20 of Boruto: Naruto Next Generations is the second episode in the adaptation of Naruto Gaiden, which follows the story of Sarada as she tries to understand her real parentage. In this episode, Sasuke has a little encounter with Shin Uchiha and over-powers him, forcing him to leave. Then, we see Sarada going to meet Naruto to ask about Sasuke, but as she is about to enter, Naruto discusses meetign with Sasuke regarding a scroll he got from him, informing him about the presence of another Uchiha. She, along with Cho-Cho, who is under the impression that Sarada is trying to her help find her own parents, follow Naruto, before being attacked by the same mysterious Uchiha. Naruto saves them and fends them off, and he decides that it's best for them to stay with him. Here and there, Naruto and Sarada have various discussions, particularly about her father. Finally, as they approach the place where Sasuke is supposedly present, they all take a break. Not being able to take a break, Sarada goes on her own, and overcome with intense emotions, she awakens her Sharingan. When she arrives at Sasuke's place, she is over-joyed, but, Sasuke mistakes her for one of Shin's comrades and proceeds to attack her.

I thought this episode was one of the best in the series, and the reason for that is the pacing. Nowhere did it seem like the anime was padding for run-time. My favourite scenes include Sasuke and Naruto, on separate occasons, fighting the Uchiha boy, and when Naruto gives a description of Sasuke to Sarada during their journey. The animation is also better than the last episode, which had a lot of errors(like Naruto not having his bandages on his right arm). And, the episode also had a sense of real conflict. The background score was pretty good(though it reminded me of earlier Naruto/Naruto: Shippuuden scores, which is not a bad thing, since I consider it to be the best score in all of anime).

Score: 8/10.

Edited by Guest

• Geano locked this topic