Parasyte -the maxim- (Kiseijuu Sei no Kakuritsu)

Yuuki_Radosian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hHXtiIm6ug

I have recently picked up this anime an have not been able to put it down , it is brilliant in both story , action and character development (the last being the weakest in my opinion but not by too much to call it weak).

I highly recommend this anime to anyone who likes action or strong stories .

I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions on this anime

[spoiler=Summary of the first 10 Episodes]

Episode 1: We meet our MC Shinichi Izumi who soon finds out that his right hand has been taken over by Migi (A parasite that has failed in its mission to take over the brain) we also meet Satomi Murano a girl who loves Shinich and who Shinichi also loves they are no more than friends at the moment.

Episode 2: Shinichi and Migi kill their first Human parasite and Shinichi has a date with Murano that ends with him saving a cat from a bunch of thugs that were bullying it.

Episode 3:We are introduced to Tamiya Ryouko and her mating partner A who soon attacks the school Shinichi goes to in order to kill him.

Episode 4: Shinichi and Migi use the fact that they have an advantage in numbers to kill A who is then dispose of by Tamiya . Shinichis parents leave on a vacation trip.

Episode 5: Shinichi's mother is killed by a parasite and her body is taken over and used to stab Shinichi through his heart.We are also introduced to Mitsuo a gang leader and Kana Kimishima his girlfriend who has the ability to sense the wavelengths of parasites and as such has an infatuation with Shinichi causing her to dump Mitsuo in her pursuit of Shinichi, Mitsuo takes Satomi to force Shinichi into a fight but his plan is ruined by the rest of Shinichi's schools boys who come to his aid.

Episode 6: Migi Heals Shinichi causing his body to gain new strengths far beyond that of a normal person, when Shinichi awakes he heads out to the hospital where his father is in order to protect him and find the parasite that took his mothers life so that he may put an end to its life himself. Shinichi finds out that Migi has lost part of his body in healing Shinichi causing Migi to Have a four Hour period of inactivity each day . Migi detects a parasite and Shinichi in his rage races out to kill his mothers Murderer.

Episode 7: Izumi meets a fellow human with a failed parasite Mamoru Uda and his parasite Jaw who help Shinichi track down his mothers killer and confront her , during the confrontation Shinichi realizes that his body is now much stronger and faster . Uda kills the parasite that killed Shinichi's mother so that Shinichi won't have the trauma of killing his own mother's body. Shinichi returns and Satomi finds him but something seems different about him to her

Episode 8: We are introduced to Shimada Hideo another parasite sent by Reiko Tamura (Tamiya Ryouko's new identity) to keep an eye on Shinichi. Shinichi tries to mend his relationship with Satomi and also deal with the new parasite in town.

Episode 9: Shimada gets into a fight with Mitsuo's gang and Shinichi intercepts. Yuko (a friend of Satomi sees Shimada's head reform after being damaged and confronts him , she is attacked but repels Shimada with an attack of her own and runs away.

Episode 10: Shimada is unable to return to a normal human appearance due to Yuko's attack and now roams the school building trying to revert to his normal appearance . After rescuing Satomi Shinichi kills Shimada . The government meets to discuss the parasite problem and implements a "fad" to help identify parasites without the publuc knowing , Shinichi and Satomi mend their relationship

[spoiler=Episode 11]

The parasites attack the local Yakuza in order to test themselves. Shinichi and Satomi go out on a date. Kana asks to meet Shinichi , as he heads out to meet her he finds that the person running to become the mayor of the town is a parasite and so are the people that work for him.

[spoiler=Episode 12]

Shinichi meets with Kana and tells her everything . Shinichi arranges to meet her again to prove that what he said is true but before he can get to the meeting place Kana is killed by a parasite .In his rage Shinichi kills the parasite.

[spoiler=Episode 13]

A private investigator Shirou Kuramori is hired by Tamura to tail Shinichi catches Migi on camera , Migi tries to kill Shirou but is stopped by Shinichi. Satomi confronts Shinichi saying that he should tell her what is going on , Shinichi lies to make sure she is not involved with the parasites.

[spoiler=Episode 15]

Shinichi is called to help Shirou and kills another parasite committing an act of war against the parasite group run by Hirokawa the parasite that is running to be the mayor.

Shirou decides to give up on having anything to do with the parasites.

Shinichi is followed by another parasite ,Miki , from the group and is forced to run because of Migi being inactive.

[spoiler=Episode 16]

Shirou's family is killed and his offices destroyed by the parasites.

Shinichi is attacked by Miki and is forced to run once again as he has no hope of defeating Miki.

Shirou is questioned by the government and Tamura is attacked by parasites from the parasite group.

[spoiler=Episode 17]

Tamura is attacked by three parasites of the group and kills them.She returns to find that her child has been kidnapped by Shirou Tamura then asks Shinichi to meet her at a park where she kills Shirou who threatened to kill her child. The poliece arriveto find Shirou dying and search the park for Tamura

I expect to see something big happen soon and I believe Murano will soon find out the truth about Shinichi

[spoiler=Episode 20]

The attack has begun and the cornered parasites begin to fight back.

Shinichi is forced to do nothing for fear of being discovered and we see some scary abilities from the parasites in the higher up positions when they are forced into combat.

[spoiler=Episode 21]

Hirokawa is killed and we find out that he is human .

Gotou appears and kills the officers , then jumps off of the building landin next to Shinichi.

Gotous plans to kill Shinichi for "closure".

Shinichi has severe stress because of his fear of Gotou.

Shinichi and Murano "Make up".

All I can say is " Mahhh Gahhhhd........."

[spoiler=Episode 22]

Gotou chases Shinichi out to an area much less inhabited , where Shinichi and Migi try to kill him and fail.

Migi dies (most of him anyway) and Shinichi is forced to run and take refuge in a nearby village.

A few days later he hears of a inhuman creature killing the village inhabitants and Shinichi heads out to confront it.

[spoiler=Episode 23]

Shinichi searches the woods and comes across Gotou .

Shinichi tries to kill Gotou while he is asleep and fails , he is then chased to a garbage dump where in a life or death moment he manages to wound Gotou.

The wound infects Gotou with a lethal toxin which causes the parasites under his control to rebel and try to escape , this enables Migi who was taken into Gotous body to escape and reunite with Shinichi.

With help from Migi , Shinichi manages to kill Gotou.

A heavy episode with an unexpected twist.

Final episode .

[spoiler=Episode 24]

Migi says good bye for good this time as he "sleeps" to explore the knowledge he has gained from being in Gouto.

Shinichi and Murano continue to live their normal lives but while walking around the city with Shinichi , Murano is kidnapped by Uragami.

Shinichi manages to disable Uragami ,who throws Murano off of tthe roof of the building that they are on, Migi saves Murano as shinichi was not fast enough to catch her while she was falling off of the building.

I feel that there will be an OVA coming soon after watching this episode.

Final episode .

[spoiler=Episode 24]

Migi says good bye for good this time as he "sleeps" to explore the knowledge he has gained from being in Gouto.

Shinichi and Murano continue to live their normal lives but while walking around the city with Shinichi , Murano is kidnapped by Uragami.

Shinichi manages to disable Uragami ,who throws Murano off of tthe roof of the building that they are on, Migi saves Murano as shinichi was not fast enough to catch her while she was falling off of the building.

I feel that there will be an OVA coming soon after watching this episode.

I kind of felt like the previous episode was a bit of a copout....Shinichi's normal personality has returned which is good however after his initial change, he seemed to be much stronger even without migi being awake sometimes. It seems like most of those reflexes were just sort of casually forgotten. He could see and hear better and had more endurance....then suddenly with Gouto....He is back to regular shinichi and rather useless and he only won thanks to accidentally choosing the right thing to stab him with and suddenly connecting with Migi randomly.

Then on top of that, to kill or not kill g......that was dragged out and I think he should have let him live. Much like Tamara somehow developed humanity perhaps Gouto could've then learned how to tame his sadistic urges.

Plus the old lady shinichi met....I liked her. But it would've been nice if Shinichi met her a little earlier instead of shoving it all in an episode or two....i'd have loved to see Shinichi trying to pretend to be normal for a couple of episodes and then remembering Migi and going back to face Gouto.

But then the finale was rather boring. I can almost buy the return of old shinichi but I hated how Migi said goodbye. Why not have let Migi die protecting Shinichi. Instead we got a 'I am going to find myself' ending basically and we end with psycho killer Uragami.....which is a let down considering gouto, tamara, and that high school student were much better villains than this mess. Then on top of that......they are literally laying there after nearly dying....beside two dead bodies, just laughing.

Okay then.

finale 3 out of 10.....

Overall season 8.5 out of 10

• Geano locked this topic