Minimalist theme "Genki" now default

Optic

Hello everyone,

I've received a lot of feedback on the theme featuring the changing backgrounds since it was first introduced. A lot of visitors really enjoy how immersive the backgrounds were especially when they were fading between different ones in the set.

However I also received some negative feedback:

• Fading backgrounds too distracting.
  • Made text harder/distracting to read due to the transparency effect.
  • Significantly increased loading times - the five wallpaper backgrounds added 2 MB to the page size. Not ideal for smartphones whilst on the go.
  • Caused scrolling lag in some browsers - specifically Google Chrome (though the 64 bit version improves this significantly, it's not offered by default from Google's website).

In the interest of responding to this feedback, I have made a variation of the theme called "Genki" and have set this as the default theme.

"Genki" is ideal for those that prefer the minimalist look without the background images and removes the large spacing that was present on the top of the logo.

If you prefer this theme, then no further action is required.

To return to the changing background theme, just scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the theme name here to change it back to "Sugoi".

change-theme.jpg.02937457848ea1203366f882fd021cb5.jpg

I really am open to feedback, and this is about giving choice for those that had performance concerns. Rest assured I will continue to maintain both themes equally.

Thanks for your time. If you have any further feedback please feel free to let me know. :)