What's your top 10 anime of 2016?

Creator

2016 it's been a blast for anime fan and it had many mind blowing, awesome anime....from sequel to adaptation to movie every anime was a gem and to to rank them is very hard ...so i been thinking of making a list of top 10 anime of 2016!!

like this one....but i think some of good anime of 2016 are missing from this list!

• Like 1

Let's see...

More a top four, for me. Most 2016 anime didn't do much for me - it was basically the year of scrounging up things to watch from an increasingly dry pool of existing anime.

Erased

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans

Mobile Suit Gundam: Unicorn RE:0096

Gate

I found the concept of Relife to be weird enough in an entirely unflattering way that I dropped it fairly quickly.

Meanwhile, Re:Zero was dropped midway through due to what had been a steadily increasing level of disdain for the main characters.

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress received some acclaim from a few acquaintances of mine, but I found it to be, frankly, poor man's Attack on Titan with a main character who's hair was so visually offensive that I couldn't stand to look at him.

Magical Girl Raising Project looked promising at the start, but seemed to constantly steer itself down the dullest possible story paths.

91 Days looked like it was going to be awesome, until mid way through when it began to drop the ball on every possible aspect of the story from then onward, reaching a wholly unsatisfying and obnoxious ending.

Lost Village had a premise that I found irresistible until it veered off into goofy-land.

While I loved the first season of Arslan Senki, the second season was so potently boring that I couldn't make it beyond the second episode, despite the (extremely goofy) 'big twist'.

Izetta looked promising until the writers gave up all effort and became obnoxiously lazy.

Blagh. No offense meant to anyone that likes the shows listed, I'm just picky as heck.

I can only name three good anime (excluding sequels) since 2016 was not good compared to some other years, but all three are from genres I usually avoid.

1. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinju (8/10)

I usually avoid romance anime since they never go anywhere, and I always avoid shows by Studio Deen since they tend to butcher everything they touch; however, I decided to pick this one up because even elitists were praising it.

2. The Disasterous Life of Saiki Kusuo (7/10)

I avoid school comedies because school is a bland setting, most anime comedies aren't funny, and the characters are usually generic. Although the characters were a little generic, they did receive some characterization, and the comedy was actually good.

3. To Be Hero (7/10)

This one is literally a Chinese cartoon. Although most of the comedy literally consisted of toilet jokes, it was still a decent parody of the super hero genre. Unfortunately, the ending was a cop out.

After Sword Art Online, I decided to avoid the isekai (trapped in another world) genre, but I decided to pick up Re:Zero because of the hype. As I expected, it was edgy, the romance felt contrived, all the characters were stupid, and the author rewrote the characters when the plot demanded it instead of actually developing them. 3/10.

ReLife was alright, but there was too much melodrama. 6/10. Still above average.

Joker Game had the potential to be the best anime of the year. Unfortunately, only the first two episodes were good. 3/10.

The only good thing about Kimi no Na wa was the art. I didn't care about the characters because there was no characterization and there were too many plot holes. 4/10.

91 Days was a decent revenge story, but it was too predictable because there were no plot twists. 6/10.

Keijo. 2/10. Do I even have to explain why?

I really wanted to like ERASED. Unfortunately, the time travel was unexplained, the mystery was predictable, and the plot fell apart half way through. 4/10.

• Geano locked this topic