The Windows Power Button Does Not Work!

Raul Anderson

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for approving the post. Actually I have resolved the issue by using this command "secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose" and then run DISM and SFC scan with the help of an article. After doing these method, the problem got solved.

But now I am having another issue friends, sometimes my computer crashes while playing the game. I am not sure whether the problem arise due to DISM and SFC scan.

Hi Raul.

I've heard of this sort of problem. Where did you install the game?
Was it in its own folder on the  drive or in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) these two folders have restricted "write" permissions and if your game is saving data during game play it could be causing a conflict with the Windows OS.

A comms program I use had a similar problem and the developer tracked the problem down to the program saving data as part of its operations. The problem was solved by installing the program in its own folder outside of C:\Program Files .

I hope this helps.

Edited by Animedragon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Animedragon said:

Where did you install the game?

I have installed this game on my Windows 10 computer. 

Sometimes the problem occurs due to low configuration of PC. But my current PC setup:

Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 3400G
OS - Windows 10 Pro
RAM - Corsair Vengeance DDR4 8GB*2 3200MHz
Storage - SSD WD 240GB
HDD - Barracuda 1TB
GPU: AMD Radeon™ RX Vega 11
Motherboard - MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

Though I found this article that helped me to resolved the issue.

Edited by Raul Anderson

I'm glad you were able to resolve the power button problem.

As to the problem with the game crashing, sorry, I wasn't very clear about what I asked.

Where on your Windows 10 computer did you install the game.
Was it in one of the two folders highlighted in light blue in the screenshot below or did you install it in a separate folder in the location shown in red in the screenshot?

If your game was installed in either of the "Program Files" folders this could be what is causing your computer to crash while playing the game because the Windows operating system imposes restrictions on what data a program is allowed to write (save) to those two folders. Although I would expect this just to crash the game not the whole computer, but it is possible.

If a program is installed in a folder outside of the two "Program Files" folders this restriction does not apply and the program is free to write (save) whatever it wants to that folder.

Screenshot.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...