Looking for title of an old anime series

Vlasko

Looking for the title of an anime series.   I saw a bit of it long ago and am trying to relocate it to watch it in full.  I admittedly have very little for my description, but would appreciate any ideas:

1)  It's older.  Could even be 15 or 20 years or more.

2)  I remember that it involved corrupt persons who may have been part of a secret society.  And when one of these individuals was uncovered as corrupt, their monster form would show.   Meaning, a person might morph into something monstrous looking depending on what kind of corruption they were involved in.

3)  The artwork was more mature and detailed.  None of the baby-like faces on a lot of modern anime.  It was good quality.

4) Creepy music during episodes.  Very distinct music to introduce the corrupt scenes.

5) There was a tough male protagonist.  He might have been an investigator.  Not sure.  

6)  It wasn't something intended for kids.

Thanks for any ideas.

Also, I think in an early episode they showed this underground cult in a large hidden room.  There was an initiation ceremony.  And some girl was used against her will like some kind of goddess to grant power to initiates.  The protagonist, who might have been a cop or investigator, had to stay undercover, or maybe he escaped during the ceremony.

I might be a little off.

@Vlasko  
Pretty sure you’re talking about Speed Grapher https://myanimelist.net/anime/198/Speed_Grapher

spacer.png

The MC was a photographer/journalist

On 6/14/2022 at 3:04 AM, Vlasko said:

It wasn't something intended for kids

It came darn close to being hentai 😳 as well as being graphically violent.

One bit of trivia, the OP in Japan was Duran Duran’s Girls on Film, but they had to change it for the U.S.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1