Stargate

Taalen

Anybody into it?

If so,

1. Favourite series

2. Favourite character

and why?

For me my favourite series was actually Stargate Universe. I loved how it felt like it had more direction, and something to strive for, i.e the meaning of the universe.

I also loved the huge amount of attention placed on character development. While I admit it made some parts quite a drag I think itstrengthenedthe series overall.

My favourite character was Baal from SG-1. Evil, cunning, but not a Darth Vader copy-cat. He felt original.

Wouldn't kill me at all, I don't know anybody in my entire year who actually watches Stargate, understandable given the first film (which the series span-off from) was released in 1994.

The problem with it being such a long series is that firstly, people are reluctant to even start given the amount of episodes. Secondly they just don't get "hooked" in the first few episodes.

Given the tendency for people to stop watching after season 1 episode 3, I would recommend actually watching the very last season of SG-1, Season 10. (There's three series, SG-1, Atlantis and Universe) Literally, just choose a random episode.

If you're into sci-fi, you really can't ignore Stargate. If not, I wouldn't bother entirely :)