Anime main character (MC) problems

Evil Bunny of Doom

So, which are the main characters you dislike most? Let the hate begin ^.^

Note: I'm leaving aside the harem/reverse harem leads that are usually stupid af and make me wanna cook my dirty socks and eat them, or else this will take forever.

Erika (Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji): Her very existence is an offence... This anime is an offence... end of story

Yuki (Mirai Nikki): No... just NO!! and don't ask me why cause I don't know! I usually like this kind of shy/anti-social character, but Yuki is just, dunno, uninteresting (?) and I feel like I wanna choke him with a noodle or something...

Yuu (Owari no Seraph): In season 1, I wanted to tie him up and burn his fingers one by one, while forcing him to listen to JB songs. In season 2, when he finally stopped being a jerk, I liked him.

• Like 1

Yes i agree Erika was a disgrace. I thought i was the only one

for me i hated

Seika from school days. do i really have to explain why.

Kouichi Sakakibara from another. He was so flat that sometimes i forgot that he was there.

Chiriko from anohana. i dont know why i just did not like her from the start. i cant put my finger on it but she really anoyed me.

Edited by Guest

Haruhi Suzumiya (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu) - The most selfish , self absorbed and annoying character in all of anime.

Umetaro Nozaki (Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun) - Too clueless , I cant stand it.

Yuki Takeya (Gakkou Gurashi) - Bland character , just way to bland.

Franky (One Piece) - Worst character design ever.

Sakura Harumo (Naruto) - Super annoying and stupid.

Rock Lee / Might Guy [put them together because ... well what's the difference ?] (Naruto) - More annoying than Sakura but also OP for no reason and people love him (I have no idea why) which annoys me even more than the character himself.

• Agree 1

Seika from school days. do i really have to explain why.

I've watched only parts and bits from school days (my bro was watching it) but yeah, he's a male s**t XP

Kouichi Sakakibara from another. He was so flat that sometimes i forgot that he was there..

I thought of including him, too, but I didn't really remember anything about him so I can't even hate him xD

Umetaro Nozaki (Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun) - Too clueless , I cant stand it.

omg why D: he had the comedy going

Sakura Harumo (Naruto) - Super annoying and stupid..

sooo, you're one of them.... the Sakura haters? :P

omg why D: he had the comedy going

I can't stand characters that are so clueless ... Just can't do it.

sooo, you're one of them.... the Sakura haters? :P

I just hate the way she chases after Sasuke (even after he tries to KILL her and his best friend ... and a lot of other people [sasuke is one of my favorite characters by the way]) and how she barely shows any sort of feelings for Naruto (beyond "Punch him in the face").

For me Sakura is just a bad character with not much to offer besides healing and one hell of a punch.

No offence to those that like Sakura , I just don't.

I can't stand characters that are so clueless ... Just can't do it.

I just hate the way she chases after Sasuke (even after he tries to KILL her and his best friend ... and a lot of other people [sasuke is one of my favorite characters by the way]) and how she barely shows any sort of feelings for Naruto (beyond "Punch him in the face").

For me Sakura is just a bad character with not much to offer besides healing and one hell of a punch.

No offence to those that like Sakura , I just don't.

yuuki, you must have hated Ichika Orimua from infinite stratos.

I actually don't remember him all that well ... nor the Anime as a whole , it didn't impact me much.

well all u need to know that he was oblivious even after girls outright confessed to him

• 3 weeks later...

Main characters that are stupidly overly OP and/or move the plot for convoluted and stupid reasons.

Usually it's meant to stroke the authors ego, and make the character reletable through stereotypes and culture references. But also making the character cool and badass, creating the perfect escapism.

Kind of like gary stu's.

Man, don't you love it when author make their own stories into a personal subtle diary about regrets and jealousy?

Keima Katsuragi from The world god only knows

8man from yahari ore no seishun

Kirito from Sword art online

Oreki from Hyouka

Whatever his face was from Persona 4 the animation

A bunch more from various show and manga.

Edgy stuff

You know, my pupils turn black and make stupid expression and I become a total badass because of some tragic backstory.

Or, im stupid, ugly or insensitive so that I can trick the audience into hating a character by putting as little effort.

Revy from black lagoon

Yuno from Mirari nikki

Akira from Yowamushi Pedal

The celestial dragon from One piece

Kagura and Gintoki from Gintama

and like above, a bunch from various shows.

by the way, while I hate majority of the shows I mentioned, there are a few I actually liked.

• Agree 1

• Geano locked this topic