"Shiki" Horror Anime Discussion

Midnight Faolan

Hey everybody! Have any of you watched Shiki before? It's a horror anime and I just finished it...

If you've watched it, please share what you thought of it! If you haven't watched it then you need to. It seems like a simple story at first, but it really changes into something you wouldn't even imagine.

[spoiler=My thoughts on Shiki] This anime was so beautiful yet so cruel. In the beginning, I sided with humanity, as I considered the Shiki to be nuisances to the peaceful community. But then, when I saw the Shiki's purposes in causing people's deaths, I sided with the shiki. Like they said, they didn't choose to be the creatures they were. The only reason they did that, was because they wanted an entire community to be like them. They had felt like they were always on the run from people, because nobody could accept them for who they were. They killed people only because it was their instinct. They didn't want to die, so they had to kill. The last episodes just really broke my heart. It reminds me how terrible humanity can be. Human beings are so terrified of dying or being defeated by something else, that they will destroy anything around them. It's just very terrible. I think Seishin was such a wonderful person because he saw and sympathized for the Shiki. He is the only one who was not blinded by his human feelings. I actually got pretty emotional near the ending episodes because all of the situations were just so sad. And when Tooru and Ritsuko ended up dying together that just killed me omg. T_T The feels are so real!

So yeah if you like emotional horror stories, watch this one. By the end, you may see certain things differently.

• Geano locked this topic