How to link MyAnimeList

Roygbiv

Question

sorry for this noob-ish question, but how do i link MyAnimeList in my forum signature like as an image? Like where do i get the link for myanimelist?

• Like 1

14 answers to this question

sorry for this noob-ish question, but how do i link MyAnimeList in my forum signature like as an image? Like where do i get the link for myanimelist?

Not being a user of MAL myself, I'm not really certain how they handle that.

@Orius might be able to shed some light on this though, since I know he has one of those MAL sigs? :o

• Agree 1

At the homepage of MyAnimeList, click "Panel Settings". You should be at this screen:

MAL.thumb.png.e8a4ca52f228f668be1284209782ec36.png

Look for the "My Signature" button. Click on it. After that, look for a section called Signature Code. Below it, there should be a description that says, "Copy and paste the below code into any forum signature area." Copy the entire text beneath it and paste it into your signature in this forum.

Tada! :D

Be aware that there's a very annoying problem with the MAL signature. It sometimes won't update correctly, even though you've updated your anime list (for example, I've already finished episode 17 of my Steins;Gate rewatch, but my signature still says the latest episode I watched was 14). What I did is by clicking the "submit" button at the bottom of the "My Signature" page, and then hit refresh. Usually, your browser would confirm if you want to resubmit. Just ignore the warning and click yes. I found that 7 out of 10 times, the signature would update. The update will NOT appear in the "My Signature" page, however, but it should appear in your AF signature where you pasted the code.

It's a little complicated, so feel free to ask questions if you run into problems. I find it frustrating that the MAL coders haven't fixed this major issue yet.

Edited by Guest
  • Winner 1

At the homepage of MyAnimeList, click "Panel Settings". You should be at this screen:

[ATTACH]31587[/ATTACH]

Look for the "My Signature" button. Click on it. After that, look for a section called Signature Code. Below it, there should be a description that says, "Copy and paste the below code into any forum signature area." Copy the entire text beneath it and paste it into your signature in this forum.

Be aware that there's a very annoying problem with the MAL signature. It sometimes won't update correctly, even though you've updated your anime list (for example, I've already finished episode 17 of my Steins;Gate rewatch, but my signature still says the latest episode I watched was 14). What I did is by clicking the "submit" button at the bottom of the "My Signature" page, and then hit refresh. Usually, your browser would confirm if you want to resubmit. Just ignore the warning and click yes. I found that 7 out of 10 times, the signature would update. The update will NOT appear in the "My Signature" page, however, but it should appear in your AF signature where you pasted the code.

It's a little complicated, so feel free to ask questions if you run into problems. I find it frustrating that the MAL coders haven't fixed this major issue yet.

Thanks, i will ask if I have any!

• Like 1

[ATTACH]31587[/ATTACH]

Oh, the image isn't showing on my signature.

Oh, the image isn't showing on my signature.

That's weird. Did you configure the options under the "Options and Colors" section? There should also be a description that says, "Image Type". You have to click under Image Type and choose what information you want your signature to show. You should see a list of options when you click, like

Custom - Recent Anime Updates

Custom - Recent Manga Updates

Custom - Anime Favorites & Totals

etc.

Be sure to customize all that first, then try pasting it again in your signature.

Edited by Guest

That's weird. Did you configure the options under the "Options and Colors" section? There should also be a description that says, "Image Type". You have to click under Image Type and choose what information you want your signature to show. You should see a list of options when you click, like

Custom - Recent Anime Updates

Custom - Recent Manga Updates

Custom - Anime Favorites & Totals

etc.

Be sure to customize all that first, then try pasting it again in your signature.

Yeah I customized it all...weird

Yeah I customized it all...weird

Hm. For me, your signature is displayed as a broken image link. Be sure to check that you have copied the entirety of the text that MyAnimeList told you to copy, and not just a portion of it. Check the bbcode of your signature. Your signature should look like this:

RyderFlynn.png.45306833f8bfd5afac634901767b1653.png

Except replace "RyderFlynn" with your MAL username.

Edit:

Never mind. I cannot link the code to show you what I mean. Give me a second to adjust it.

Edit 2:

I'll send you a private message instead. Hopefully, it should show you the code without converting it into image form like above.

Edited by Guest

Hm. For me, your signature is displayed as a broken image link. Be sure to check that you have copied the entirety of the text that MyAnimeList told you to copy, and not just a portion of it. Check the bbcode of your signature. Your signature should look like this:

[ATTACH=full]31602[/ATTACH]

Except replace "RyderFlynn" with your MAL username.

Edit:

Never mind. I cannot link the code to show you what I mean. Give me a second to adjust it.

Edit 2:

I'll send you a private message instead. Hopefully, it should show you the code without converting it into image form like above.

okay thank you I appreciate that.

Never mind, it doesn't work. Here's a screenshot of the code instead:

59e217798f726_signaturecode.thumb.png.63d1ee12794fb26cccb0fc5b91386a42.png

Your signature should be displayed as the above in bbcode form, without RyderFlynn. Again, be sure to check you have copied the entire thing.

Never mind, it doesn't work. Here's a screenshot of the code instead:

[ATTACH=full]31604[/ATTACH]

Your signature should be displayed as the above in bbcode form, without RyderFlynn. Again, be sure to check you have copied the entire thing.

Er, I have another issue...the image is showing up on my signature but the preview isn't

9e5ed4c8925b7fc21e805de306069915.png.feed7c3fbbe2981b9850b8bbd78a1987.png

Er, I have another issue...the image is showing up on my signature but the preview isn't

Odd that it would be doing that at this point, since as far as I can tell from your signature, it's pointing to the right location for the image.

[ATTACH=full]31605[/ATTACH]

Yeah, I'm out of ideas at this point. xD Sorry... Maybe you could try taking a screenshot of what you pasted in your signature, the bbcode that is, not the actual image. I think this is more of a problem with AF than it is with MAL, but I could be wrong.

Edited by Guest

Yeah, I'm out of ideas at this point. xD Sorry... Maybe you could try taking a screenshot of what you pasted in your signature, the bbcode that is, not the actual image. I think this is more of a problem with AF than it is with MAL, but I could be wrong.

yee, alright, thanks for help though.

yee, alright, thanks for help though.

Huh. I went into your profile, delete your signature, and re-inserted it precisely as it was when it wasn't working and --- it seems to be working?