The .hack://GU Trilogy is being Remastered

RepentantSky

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/hackg-u-last-recode-remaster-collection-announced-ps4-pc

I just found this out today, and we already have an idea of what it will look like, because my profile picture is now the one image we have of the remaster. The GU trilogy is as far as I'm concerned, one long, but completely marvelous adventure of some of the best characters in gaming history. It also happens to be my favorite game of all time. There are people out there who can constantly play a game series and never get tired of it, for me GU is the only one that I've been able to do that with. When I first started playing this series, I played every game twice in a row and I've beaten them all over a dozen times since then. I just played them again around Christmas last year and they've aged incredibly well. So yeah, suffice it to say that this is biggest and best news in the world for me, and I hope it comes to the West so that anyone who missed this marvelous games will get a chance to play them for the first time.

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

Thanks for posting this! I've not been paying much attention to games since I'm an old fart now, but .hack//GU (actually ALL the .hack series) were some of my favorite games when I was in high school! I know I still have the first 3 of the original quad-i-ty?? (I'm leaving that. Google says the word for it is "tetralogy". Honestly a pretty cool word. Learn something new every day I guess!)

Anyway, I lent the games to friends a long time ago and never got them because (I have to assume because they're SO GOOD) and only three of them have made their way back to me.

I'm excited I'll get another chance to experience //GU without hounding down my friends or trying to find copies elsewhere.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

It's worth pointing out that two new updates have now been dropped, and if you were on the fence before, the second one might change your mind entirely. First off, the release date for Japan has been confirmed for November 1st of this year. No clues have been dropped on the Western date yet though. The second update is huge, because it's the 4th episode of the game, which means brand new content for everyone. The GU trilogy is going to become a Tetralogy. Here's a link explaining it.