My admiration/affection for Garden of Words

anime4eva

I just wanted to share my passion, admiration, and love for the anime movie, Garden of Words. If you haven't seen it, I obviously highly recommend. 

Everything about Garden of Words is amazing and I don't think it gets as much love as it should. Your Name was good, but imho I thought Garden of Words was better. (Same Director) 

The characters, the type of story, the animation,(OMG the animation is life like! It's unlike anything I've ever seen before!)  the music, the length....it was all just so beautiful. 

However, the main reason why I have such love for Garden of Words is because the movie's plot was similar to something that happened in my life. It was actually uncanny how similar it was. As I was watching it, I couldn't believe it. It really just hit me in the gut. I am actually afraid of watching it again lol. But despite that I love it dearly for all the reasons stated above. 

Curious if you all have seen Garden of Words, and what you thought of it? 

I liked it and just re-watched it since it's so short.

The visuals are what I've come to expect from Shinkai, really nice. Considering the run time it was nice that the characters were fleshed out satisfactorily, but in spite of that 5cm/s is still Shinkai's best to me. Although if I'd experienced events similar to those in the movie I'm sure I'd like it a lot more than I do :D

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Frith said:

I liked it and just re-watched it since it's so short.

The visuals are what I've come to expect from Shinkai, really nice. Considering the run time it was nice that the characters were fleshed out satisfactorily, but in spite of that 5cm/s is still Shinkai's best to me. Although if I'd experienced events similar to those in the movie I'm sure I'd like it a lot more than I do :D

I so desperately want to watch that! A part of me is afraid, cause although I don't watch much romantic stuff, when I do watch I tend to get caught up in and reminisce about my own life a lot lololol. 

After Your Name all of Shinaki stuff became super expensive or hard to get so I'm waiting for when both 5cm/ and Children Who chase lost voices drops a bit in price. 

1 hour ago, anime4eva said:

I so desperately want to watch that! A part of me is afraid, cause although I don't watch much romantic stuff, when I do watch I tend to get caught up in and reminisce about my own life a lot lololol. 

After Your Name all of Shinaki stuff became super expensive or hard to get so I'm waiting for when both 5cm/ and Children Who chase lost voices drops a bit in price. 

It is available on Crunchyroll for free if streaming is an option. You should check out the manga too, and maybe the Garden of Words manga (haven't gotten it yet) if it has more to add to the narrative.

On 3/29/2018 at 2:06 PM, Frith said:

It is available on Crunchyroll for free if streaming is an option. You should check out the manga too, and maybe the Garden of Words manga (haven't gotten it yet) if it has more to add to the narrative.

Really? I didn't know! I have VRV so I may check out 5cm/per second if it's on there. Although, I'm a dub man myself