Why Do People Think Loveless Is Yaoi?

EnviousEnvy

I get it that it has some soft yaoi moments (very little) but seriously it's not even close to being an actual yaoi anime or manga. People see the very short and few intimate moments and scream "yaoi"! and that's all they get from it. All fighters develop a close relationship with their sacrifices; I mean they kind of have to have a bond otherwise they can't be partners. However it isn't love nor lust. 

It's not even softcore yaoi. The manga artist even stated that both the anime series and manga weren't and it wasn't her intention to make people think that it was. 

I'm sorry but this has been bugging me for years...

i dont know if you are boy or girl by the way, anime with male fancerive burn my eyes (free is a bordeliine yaoi scene below is the example) this beacuse i pro gay'irl but i dont like yaoi or similar

Edited by Misari

On 5/3/2018 at 2:44 PM, Wedgy said:

I'll be frank and say I tried Loveless, once, a long, long time ago. I remember being put off, not because of any perceived BL but something about the way the MC was interacting with the adults was just uncomfortable for me, at least at the time. Especially considering he is a child and well... yeah. 

But I'll keep an open mind. This was years ago after all. I'll revisit it and let you know my thoughts when I do, if my opinion changes.

Since I didn't see it as romance with the relationship between Ritsuka (Loveless) and Soubi (Beloved) so it didn't bother me, especially the fact that Soubi belonged to Semei, Ritsuka's older brother and the only reason Soubi was nice to Ritsuka was because Semei told him to before Semei faked his own death. Otherwise Soubi hated Ritsuka. 

The series is only 12 episodes long so in other to actually understand the whole story you have to read the manga.