Hunter X Hunter

Yuuki_Radosian

The story of a boy chasing after his father and making new friends along the way.

I recommend that if you haven't already seen it , you should give it a try.

The anime is great but I cannot help but fell that the last episode is setting up for a second series , any thoughts ?

[spoiler=Spoiler]

gon-freecess-gon-freecss-29183126-640-360.jpg.31549534e3291335c0878f0e774ece41.jpg

Is this the 1999 series or the remake that came out back in 2011 which is supposed to be much closer to the manga?

The 1999 series had its main series, and then two OVAs to continue it (up to a point). It covers up to the end of the Greed Island arc and ends there.

The 2011 series starts the series off fresh, but I'm not sure how far it's gotten, but I know it covers the stuff the 1999 series didn't and does go beyond that point.

Despite my love for the manga (and my bias for the 1999 series, which is flawed, yet I still love it), it's constantly in a hiatus. That's why the 1999 series ended in the way that it did...and to my knowledge, the 2011 anime series may be in kind of a limbo because of the lack of source material at his point.

So yeah, it just depends on which version you're watching. The 1999 series ends on a cliffhanger, whereas the 2011 series goes beyond that.

Out of curiosity, what happened in the last episode?

I have been watching the 2011 series

[spoiler=Spoiler]

The final episode ends off with Gon talking to his father on top of the "World Tree" and Ging (his dad) tells Gon about the rest of the world which they cant even see never mind get into , it is so enticing and leaves you wanting to see them explore it.

Well, in that case, never mind. That's about where the manga's been (give or take) since about August after coming out of the hiatus in June and before that, Togashi hadn't put out anything since about 2012 and before that maybe 2010. Most fans call the series Hiatus x Hiatus. ><

That aside, for where the show ended, what happened regarding Killua and were Kurapika and Leorio mentioned?

[spoiler=Spoiler]

Killua rescued his little sister and left Gon to travel the world with her for a while , Leorio being leorio was almost selected to be the new chairman but failed (he wasn't even trying to be elected) and I'm not to sure what hes doing now , Kurapika is in some city with all the scarlet eyes that he has collected (he has been really creepy near the end just sitting watching the eyes for the whole of the last arc not even moving or answering his phone).

Okay, yeah, the manga does go slightly past that point, but not by much. Leorio and Kurapika are back for the manga for the same reason as Gon and his father...

Go to that lost world or dark world or wherever it is.

*sighs* I wish Togashi would hurry up and continue it. I still can't believe the manga series is even still doing decently, unless Togashi is buying up issues of his own comic. lol

I haven't read the manga as I started the anime first so ill have to take your word on that , I would love to see what happens next but have no idea how closely the anime follows the manga and where to pick up from .

I haven't read the manga as I started the anime first so ill have to take your word on that , I would love to see what happens next but have no idea how closely the anime follows the manga and where to pick up from .
It seems to be really close. The 1999 series strayed a bit, and is also longer than the 2011 series because more of the manga was out by 2011. The 1999 series ended at the end of the Greed Island arc. There were also things added in, like the beginning of Gon's journey oh and for a brief while, in the beginning, Killua trying to control his killing urge since it was so ingrained. I know some manga fans didn't care for that, but I personally liked it.

Oh one ep I saw of the 2011 series was when they were in Trick Tower. The fight against Jonas was slightly different from the manga.

In the manga, Killua crushed his heart after ripping it out.

. Ironically, the 1999 series kept it the same.

Anyway, if you were to check out the manga, you'd probably have to start at about chapter 338. There are only 349 chapters at this point though. Pretty short for a manga series that's been around since 1998.... >_>

I would say , that is short for a manga that's been around for so long and thanks , I'll try to pick up around 335 just to make sure I don't miss anything.

It's the hiatuses. I know one hiatus was due to illness, understandable, and another because of marriage and his two kids being born. Who knows why he's in one now.

I'm about an hour away from Togashi's hometown by train. I want to go there and demand he fi ishes, but first fangirl over him and his wife, since she's the manga-ka os Sailor Moon. :-P

Seriously thiugh, dunno if he resides in Shinjo...just know he grew up there.

• Geano locked this topic