Maria the Virgin Witch (Junketsu no Maria)

Yuuki_Radosian

[FLOAT_RIGHT]2a.jpeg.f384aaeb18fcbfcb2546b2d9f2a2f277.jpeg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

The story follows Maria, the most powerful witch who lives during the Hundred Years' War in France. She despises war, so she obstructs battles with her strong magical powers. Her meddling with her succubus Artemis and incubus Priapos has caught the attention of the heavens, and so the Archangel Michael issues an edict. When Maria loses her virginity, she will also lose her magical powers. A beautiful angel named Ezekiel is supposed to watch Maria and make sure the witch does not use magic in front of people, but Maria continues to use magic any way.

A brilliant with thought provoking themes and an amazing story.

I picked this up expecting it to be another short anime to fill some spare time but I was Immediately drawn into the story and could not stop watching.

You know, I was originally going to watch this, but I already had so many shows already, so I decided to skip over it. I'm a bit surprised how much you're praising it due to this season just lacking in general. Perhaps when I get more time in the next couple of days, I'll take a look at it. Also, send me a screen, and I can put it up on the slider for you.

[spoiler=Episode 1]

We are introduced to Maria a witch who lives on the outskirts of a small village in France with her familiar Artemis (a succubus).

She is visited by the daughter and granddaughter (Anne) of her friend Martha , who Maria provides medicine for.

Maria is also visited by Joseph a messenger for a french nobleman.

We meet Galfa( a mercenary working for the french)

Maria later stops a skirmish with her magic and catches the attention of a divine being.

[spoiler=Episode 2]

Maria is visited by Anne and Joseph once again.

A new familiar Priapus (an incubus although incomplete).

When Anne's village is attacked by marauders Maria comes to the rescue but is intercepted by St.Michael .

Joseph , Anne and the two familiars come to help Maria in her fight against Arch angel Michael.

[spoiler=Episode 3]

A spell/curse is put upon Maria limiting her use of magic before others and upon the loss of her virginity she will also loose the ability to use magic.

Ezekial (Michael's spear and also an angel) is assigned to watch over Maria and stop her from using magic in the presence of others.

Maria stops another skirmish with her magic, feigning innocence.

Maria meets Bernard (a monk from the church of earth) and is offered absolution from her sins , she refuses.

Later that day maria is visited by a dark entity.

[spoiler=Episode 4]

Maria saves yet another village from mercenaries and is confronted by Viv (an English witch) for doing so.

Viv tries to convince Maria to loose her virginity and Maria refuses.

Priapus and Ezekial deliver medicine to Martha who is to weak to go through the forest to Maria's home.

[spoiler=Episode 5]

Galfa gets himself into trouble by sleeping with the fiance of a french knight , he is beaten and made to duel the knight.

Joseph is made to be the witness to the match.

Galfa wins by using sly tactics and misleading both his opponent and his friends.

[spoiler=Episode 6]

Joseph takes Galfa to meet Maria by the order of the nobleman he works under.

While Maria and Joseph are away Michael visits Ezekial to remind her of her duties as an angel and as his spear.

Joseph is made to ask Maria to stay out of the coming battle by order of his employer.

[spoiler=Episode 7]

Maria tries to stop the battle but is stopped by Michael who uses Ezekial to attack her , Ezekial intentionally misses any vital points in order to save Maria as best she can.

Galfa looses his left arm shortly after killing his captain.

Maria is saved by the other witches and is nursed at Edwina's (another , much less active which) house where she meets the other witches.

Michael questions Ezekial about her actions , later Ezekial is taken to Maria by Priapus.

Joseph also visits Maria and apologizes for asking her to stay out of the battle.

[spoiler=Episode 8]

Monks from the church visit the village near Maria's home and accuse her of poisoning Martha.

Maria is once again visited by Cerununnos.

Galfa heads out to remove Maria's magic after being asked by the church.

[spoiler=Episode 9]

Galfa removes Maria's ability to use magic and Maria is captured and her home is burnt down.

Martha is forced to show the church that she has no affiliation with Maria.

Viv heads out to help Maria and is confronted by Michael.

[spoiler=Episode 10]

Viv is defeated by Michael and is rushed to Edwina's home to be healed.

Joseph is out with the French attacking a town occupied by the English.

Maria is set to be burnt at the stake and is saved by Edwina.

Joseph is ambushed by Galfa who draws his blade against him.

I have been following the series since the release of episode 2 but because of all the other series I was watching I didn't have the time to do reviews so I waited till now to put it up , and unfortunately there are only two episodes left before the end of the series.

And I will send you a screen shot by tomorrow night the latest.

[spoiler=Episode 11]

After being rescued by Edwina , Maria rushes to he battlefield.

Joseph fights Galfa and is about to be killed when Maria appears and saves him.

Joseph proposes to Maria , after beating Galfa (in more ways than one).

Maria's magic returns and she puts an end to the battle.

Maria and Joseph are summoned by Michael and meet Michael and Ezekial in the sky.

Last Episode

[spoiler=Episode 12]

Michael tries to fight maria but all the other witches come to her defence.

Ezekial refuses to kill Maria and Joseph thus defying the church of heaven.

Michael uses his power to ask everyone who has been in contact with Maria what she is to them and Maria is forgiven by God.

Ezekial is cast out of the church of heaven , but forgiven by living a life as a human , she is made an unborn child and chooses Maria as her mother to be.

Maria and Joseph move into the village where Anne and Martha live.

A great ending , although I would have liked to see Maria and Joseph with Ezekial after the "time skip" at the end.