Bing discussion

Malice Mizer

I use Bing as well... it's not that bad... but to be honest i use it for the rewards program lol...

I just checked about the rewards program you mentioned.

Thats definitely a great feature, I just realized Bing has that xD.

I just checked about the rewards program you mentioned.

Thats definitely a great feature, I just realized Bing has that xD.

YAY! Make sure you try to get on it and do the daily searches, sometimes they offer discounts for microsoft related stuff. They used to have a $100 discount offer for xbox one a couple months ago for like 500 points.

YAY! Make sure you try to get on it and do the daily searches, sometimes they offer discounts for microsoft related stuff. They used to have a $100 discount offer for xbox one a couple months ago for like 500 points.

Will do, but how is the search engine itself compared to Google?

(I know this is slightly off-topic, sorry for that)

Can't really compare them. Google is 10 times better.

Depends where you live.....In US, it is nearly comparable to google for me. I never had too many issues finding anything.

My main con for bing that google has(and the only time I really use google) is when I want to specifically look for a custom time frame.

Say November 16 2013- November 16, 2015. But I rarely use it.

I use Bing 98 percent of the time...I have a Windows Phone, I use Windows 10 and the built-in search use Bing, Xbox one, and of course as my main search engine. It's much more user friendly and visually attractive to google.

I also hate the fact that google is basically a data mine and uses my data the way they do. I trust Microsoft a hell of a lot more than I do Google.

And bing rewards is the best aspect. I have never had to buy anything with my own cash. I always get amazon gift cards :P

Depends where you live.....In US, it is nearly comparable to google for me. I never had too many issues finding anything.

My main con for bing that google has(and the only time I really use google) is when I want to specifically look for a custom time frame.

Say November 16 2013- November 16, 2015. But I rarely use it.

I use Bing 98 percent of the time...I have a Windows Phone, I use Windows 10 and the built-in search use Bing, Xbox one, and of course as my main search engine. It's much more user friendly and visually attractive to google.

I also hate the fact that google is basically a data mine and uses my data the way they do. I trust Microsoft a hell of a lot more than I do Google.

And bing rewards is the best aspect. I have never had to buy anything with my own cash. I always get amazon gift cards :P

I'm sorry, please don't hit me :(

I get my microsoft points and amazon giftcards from the rewards.

@Malice Mizer @Slaine I just realized you both live in the US huh xD.

I guess I cant take part, I just read that only US resident can take part in Bing rewards xD.

Edited by Guest

@Malice Mizer @Slaine I just realized you both live in the US huh xD.

I guess I cant take part, I just read that only US resident can take part in Bing rewards xD.

I'm not from the US, I'm from Argentina and when i first signed up for the rewards program i couldn't even join due to regional blocking. What i did was use a proxy extension from chrome store called VPN Hola or something like that, it's in english, so if you wanna give it a shot go ahead. It's easy to use, all you need to do is pick the US flag and it automatically picks the best proxy for you.

I'm not from the US, I'm from Argentina and when i first signed up for the rewards program i couldn't even join due to regional blocking. What i did was use a proxy extension from chrome store called VPN Hola or something like that, it's in english, so if you wanna give it a shot go ahead. It's easy to use, all you need to do is pick the US flag and it automatically picks the best proxy for you.

Just fyi, hola is actually a botnet, so I would not suggest using it.

Google uses each word as a tag to do a search, while Bing searches the entire phrase you enter.

Lets try to stay on topic now though, if you want to talk about this more, feel free to make a new thread about it.

Just fyi, hola is actually a botnet, so I would not suggest using it.

Google uses each word as a tag to do a search, while Bing searches the entire phrase you enter.

Lets try to stay on topic now though, if you want to talk about this more, feel free to make a new thread about it.

Sorry Drill Sama

Even though the initial convo died down, I just wanted to say Bing isn't a bad engine. Where Bing gets its 'it sucks' rep from is for the simple fact Bing doesn't data mine you like google. If bing tracked you 100 percent the way google does, it would be hard to tell then apart.

As it is, Bing is not anywhere as bad as people make it :D

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I use swagbucks. I even do some of the surveys that are under 15 minutes long. Once in a while but there is a search feature Where randomly codes will pop up that you enter rite there on the search page and the post just add up. And you can get free e gift card. I use it on firefox and chrome.

• 6 months later...

I don't think bing is horrible but its annoying because it has that search bar that you have to close out of by using task manager every time.... so yeah things like that really annoy me.... Other then that its a great engine to use I guess I don't want to get to much into the nitty gritty...