Hmm.. how do I progress from here(improving)

Big Boar

Hello all. I already knows some basics about how to draw body male and female, foreshortening, perspective, cloth folds and shadows. I wonder how should I improve from here? I still need to memorize some basic designs and poses maybe I should start copying practice on some poses? Maybe I need to improve my drawing lines? Thank you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe try practicing backgrounds?

As you mentioned in a different thread, you are a manga artist. Eventually you're gonna have to draw backgrounds. (Unless you're already good at them and just forgot to mention it)

For characters, maybe lighting and shadows? ( I have not yet watched your You Tube videos. I am just looking at the preview of the videos)

• 3 months later...

I have a sketch book full of poses that I like to work on for practice...same with hands =-= stupid hands. 

That being said, there are posable figures you can buy for models...you make them pose (some are shaped anatomically in manga/anime style...can find chibi ones too haha).

Or, if you checkout deviantart and look up posing examples there are a lot of people who will post shots of themselves posing. 

As for your character designs, I think you just need to work on dynamic poses and shading/line weight. As a really really hyperbolized example of this, the anime Red Line utilizes a lot of dynamic line weight. You don't have to go that far, but, yeah, for example.....where there would be more shadows or more "pressure on a line" you would thicken in...or if there was a lot of light on one area of a line, you would lighten/thin it. That will give you pictures more life. 

Your lines are very crisp and clean though and your proportions are really good!