Military is my favorite genre?

Hanna Fechik

Code Geass and Blue Gender are two military series I can think off when it comes to anime I've seen. Beyond Gundam of course. There's also Legend of the Galactic Heroes and Yamato, which are military space opera, I'd say LOTGH is more a military strategy and political series. But a really good series none the less, and Yamato is just non-stop action and lots of fun to sit back and take in. Finally as somthing a little different, Genocidal Organ is a military anime which kind of as a 'future warfare' vibe. 

You might also like Netflix’s Spriggan remake. There are paranormal aspects to it as well, but some sort of military operation usually figures into it.  Kinda like Indiana Jones, though sometimes it feels kinda like Ghost in the Shell too. The episodes are largely self-contained, each centered on a specific mission, though each is double the length of a typical anime episode. And it does an excellent job of recreating the feel of the sort of OVAs that were released in the 90s. The only advisory is that it’s pretty violent, but that fits the overall tone too.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1