Jibaku-kun

RZ.

Question

I recently stumbled across a show from the (early?) 90s called Jibaku-kun (Bucky the Incredible Kid). I love the intro track. It sounds like the sort of thing you hear on urban radio stations at 3am here in the UK. Unfortunately, it seems like the show was only big in Latin America and so there's no English subs, only Spanish and Portuguese. 

I was just wondering on the off chance if anybody knew of it, or of an English sub (even a fan sub)? 

1 answer to this question

On 1/29/2020 at 4:47 AM, RZ. said:

I recently stumbled across a show from the (early?) 90s called Jibaku-kun (Bucky the Incredible Kid). I love the intro track. It sounds like the sort of thing you hear on urban radio stations at 3am here in the UK. Unfortunately, it seems like the show was only big in Latin America and so there's no English subs, only Spanish and Portuguese. 

I was just wondering on the off chance if anybody knew of it, or of an English sub (even a fan sub)

The English version was marketed as, "Twelve Worlds Story. " Not much information exists on who dubbed or subbed it. However, an English version does exist and I believe Funimation would likely be the only distributor with power to release it in North America or the U.K. Right now, the film rights are with Enoki. Funimation usually contacts Enoki directly to release anime which was made by TV Tokyo. The likely reason it hasn't been released yet is due to it's age and popularity in more Northern North American countries. It seems it was subbed and distributed widely throughout South America. Those were likely unauthorized subs and dubs by low-budget at home companies. I live in Mexico and most Spanish dubs/subs are made here for all Latin America (due to Mexico having the most elite Spanish dialect). This anime is virtually unknown here in Mexico and that makes it probably lesser known in the U.S. and Canada.  

I recall when Westerners really wanted a release, we would create a petition page and send it to the licensees/distributors (it worked to get Samurai Pizza Cats released). The issue is Funimation...Funimation are way too contemporary and they don't like to risk printing titles that aren't well-known or older. That leaves Discotek/Eastern Star...they literally go to Japan to buy the rights to older anime and they release regardless of national popularity. If Discotek/Eastern Star bought it from Enoki...you'd have it one way or another. 

I found this, too. 

http://enoki-films.co.jp/pro_bucky.phpformat

@RZ.