Im beginning to write and draw my own manga! Tips?

Brysonmedia

10 hours ago, Brysonmedia said:

Im beginning to write and draw my own manga! Tips?

have fun

and be sure to have enough motivation to see it through to the end 

would be balls if you stop midway of the story after all, for the readers

where will you be posting this manga, and what is it's genre? if you dont mind me asking

i see so many manga creators nowadays though, kinda wierd huh >.>

On 10/3/2020 at 8:02 AM, XII360 said:

have fun

and be sure to have enough motivation to see it through to the end 

would be balls if you stop midway of the story after all, for the readers

where will you be posting this manga, and what is it's genre? if you dont mind me asking

i see so many manga creators nowadays though, kinda wierd huh >.>

Ok I've got alot to unpack so let me start :P

1. Honestly don't know where or if I should post it. 

So to start, I have 0 experience in digital art. Also, idk if I should post my art anywhere simply bc of the fear of my designs being stolen. I've had a friend copy the name and plot of my series, along with characters and attempted to market it. Didn't let that happen, cursed him out harder than Jiren. So I'm worried about that.

(Also, its a SAO type anime.)

2. I've got A LOT to do rn

Yeah, I'm crushing, and my mind been everywhere. Between school, Youtube and everything in between, I'm tried lol.

3. Where would I even post it?

Yeah, that one speaks for it's self.

Not confortable with posting it on forums bc the last time I did that  they falsely banned me and I cant get my work back now because I'm Ip banned. 

3 hours ago, Brysonmedia said:

Ok I've got alot to unpack so let me start :P

1. Honestly don't know where or if I should post it. 

lemme help you out, by answering them to my bestiest~

for me, you should, i post my manga in r/arknights [reddit], but i also post it in here, SD, and my twitter, i see allot of artists share their manga at twitter, but im sure any social media will do, aslong as you get exposure, its cool

So to start, I have 0 experience in digital art. Also, idk if I should post my art anywhere simply bc of the fear of my designs being stolen. I've had a friend copy the name and plot of my series, along with characters and attempted to market it. Didn't let that happen, cursed him out harder than Jiren. So I'm worried about that.

(Also, its a SAO type anime.)

put watermarks, if you're that scared, or put secret  signature somewhere in there, to call them out incase someone "claims" to be the artist of you're work

though, i personally don't really do secret signatures in my work, simply because i know i can re-create my art, better than someone else who simply say "their the artist" or try to copy my artstyle (also, every artist can be distinguished by the way something was drawn..e.g., one look at my art, and you will instantly know its my artwork, due to how much lines i drew somewhere in the hair

or say, keep the RAW file of the manga (the .clip, or whichever software you will use for art)

so trapped in digital world? huh

2. I've got A LOT to do rn

Yeah, I'm crushing, and my mind been everywhere. Between school, Youtube and everything in between, I'm tried lol.

it's fine, it would be even better if you could post a day a page, but you dont need too, if it's a manga-type panel, that would be hard, if it was colored, it would be even more harder (i know, based on how long it takes me ~.~)

3. Where would I even post it?

Yeah, that one speaks for it's self.

Not confortable with posting it on forums bc the last time I did that  they falsely banned me and I cant get my work back now because I'm Ip banned. 

if you dislike posting in forums, you're free to post it in other social media websites (e.g. twitter, pixiv,reddit, etc etc)

i think i mentioned it above, i post my comic on reddit, twitter, Sugoi Desu, and AF forums (i didn't make a thread, couse i felt like no one would be interested in it...so i just post it in my status), but you are free to post your comic pages in the art exhibit part

though

I cant get my work back now because I'm Ip banned.

i don't get this part, shouldn't you have the raw copy of the page?, or was it physically drawn, and the paper is missing now?

Excuse my language but HOLY FUCK I DID IT!!!! MY FIRST PAGE!!!!ASDFKLKJHGFGHJKL:LKJHF

Kore ijou no jigoku wa nai darou to shinjitakatta
Saredo jinrui saiaku no hi wa itsumo toutotsu ni
Tobira wo tataku oto wa taezu hidoku busahou de
Manekarezaru saiyaku no hi wa akumu no you ni
Sugishi hi wo uragiru mono yatsura wa kuchiku subeki teki da
Ano hi donna kao de hitomi de oretachi wo mitsumeteita?
Nani wo sutereba akuma wo mo shinogeru
Inochi sae tamashii sae kesshite oshiku nado wa nai
Sasageyo! sasageyo! shinzou wo sasageyo!
Subete no gisei wa ima kono toki no tame ni
Sasageyo! sasageyo! shinzou wo sasageyo!
Susumu beki mirai wo sono te de kirihirake

Ok so after like 10 hours of work, I got it. It's not much, but I'm proud of it and I had fun making it!

IMG_20201011_171117.jpg

• Friendly 1

• 2 years later...