Little Busters-what the hell is going on?!

rinXriki

Hello everyone i'm new on these forums so i'm kind of a noob.

So i've been watching Little Buster(Refrain to be exact) and i just watched episode 8.

Like what the hell is going on?Usually i understand the story quite quickly,but this Anime is an exception.

First of all:what happened with the girls after episode 3?(especially with Kurugaya-san,i grew fond of her so much and she just vanished?)Where are Komari-chan,Mio-chin.Haru-chan and little Kuu-chan who is just adorable when she tries to speak english ^^.

Second of all:What the hell happened with Kyousuke?Throughout the first 26 episode in my eyes he was kind of a hero for always leading Little Busters and he was always so full of life and happiness,but now...

What got to me directly was the baseball match for Rin-chan when Kyousuke somehow "made" Kengo see that poor girl with an eye patch and how indifferently he acted after Kengo charged him.

And third of all:after episode 6 what happened?I really really really really really really(yes really) wanted to find out what happened to Rin and Riki after they escaped and were found by some people but episode 7 switched to some sort of altered timeline or something if i'm not wrong(where Masato who was my favorite until now is indifferent and kinda crazy and Kyousuke(still hate him) is depressed and motionless)

So if you could please explain to me without spoiling anything please do.I won't be surprised if it cannot be explained without spoiling.So if you must spoil don't do it,just tell my if i'll find out in the next 5 episode or in the Little Busters EX!.

I'm hoping for at least a little explanation cause i'm really lost.

Arigato in advance :)

I agree with Ruyji that you should finish the anime first, since it does explain things decently well. But keep in mind that this was a visual novel, and some things just make more sense when you look at the source material... especially visual novels...

Don't read ahead until you finished Little Busters, unless you want a major spoiler.

[spoiler=Little Busters]

Okay, so you noticed how Kyousuke was repeating an artificial world over and over again?

A visual novel, in case you didn't know, is a mostly text-based game. Most are known to have multiple paths with separate endings depending on what options you take throughout the story. Traditionally, this is combined with dating simulator elements, Where each ending the main character (In this case, Riki) ends up getting together with one of the female cast (Kud, Rin, etc.). The thing is, most people start a visual novel from scratch when they want to go through a new path.

In short, the 'joke' is that each time the player selects 'new game' Kyousuke resets time. When the player goes through all of the paths, the 'Refrain' path opens up to the player, which is where episode 6 of the second season of the anime starts.

The 'problem' with most visual novels being adapted into anime is that they tend to throw all the paths together into one story. This is true for Clannad, Kanon, Air, and several others. In cases like Clannad and Kanon, it works quite smoothly. But it kind of works against Little Busters because the idea of starting the same game over and over was part of a story, and you can't do that in an anime. So what we see is one streamlined story that supposedly got resetted multiple times, but we only see it happen once, while the Visual Novel showed us every time the world got resetted.

I hope that made things SOMEWHAT clear.:? Don't be afraid to tell me it wasn't because I admit I kind of suck at explaining things.

• Like 1

so i finished the Refrain and i have to say

it ended in kind of a cliche but on the other hand i'm glad that it ended by everyone being saved(although Kyousuke waking up from coma just like that is ridiculous but okay i can live with that)because you see,i tend to get very attached to things(emotional movies and anime the most) and if it ended with everyone dead and then shown being carried away to the mortuary would absolutely devastate me.

So just to summarize things:All of Little Busters episodes until the last 2 happen in a world made by Kyousuke and the rest of them just before they were supposed to die?

My personal rating for the whole anime including the first season would be a strong A(not A+ though)

I was just shocked to the point of being mindfu*ked when i found out that the crashed bus was actually the one from their school not the other one.

BTW-i would kindly ask mister Ryuji to recommend me an anime that would be the best to watch after this one,I was thinking to take on Kokoro Connect or Kanon(after watching Little Busters EX ofcourse)

BTW-i would kindly ask mister Ryuji

>.< Ryuji-senpai please. Mister Ryuji makes me feel as old as Optic. :P

to recommend me an anime that would be the best to watch after this one,I was thinking to take on Kokoro Connect or Kanon(after watching Little Busters EX ofcourse)

I haven't watched Kokoro Connect or Kanon.

Some suggestions:

• Toradora
  • Steins;Gate
  • Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
  • Gosick
  • Eureka 7
  • Angel Beats
  • Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

Those are all fantastic anime that I love.

If you want more info on any of them, feel free to message me.

>.< Ryuji-senpai please. Mister Ryuji makes me feel as old as Optic. :P

I haven't watched Kokoro Connect or Kanon.

Some suggestions:

• Toradora
  • Steins;Gate
  • Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
  • Gosick
  • Eureka 7
  • Angel Beats
  • Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

Those are all fantastic anime that I love.

If you want more info on any of them, feel free to message me.

sorry about the mister thing :)

i've seen Angel Beats and it was really fantastic but one short step below the Little Busters

just a quick question:Little Busters EX is some sort of a sequel or a separate story set in the same universe?

• Geano locked this topic